Test Suite for Events in Tag Attributes
How it works
In the <tag> listed
in its on fieldset contains a text -test me-.
event is triggered, the corresponding checkbox will be ticked.
section below, each
If the tag contains a link to be clicked, the "onClick" attribute is not set.
The content of the called link uses the tag in its intented context.
As some events are interactive, they must be triggered manually by:
- move the mouse over the -test me- text
- click the mouse's select button on the -test me- text
- click the mouse's context button on the -test me- text
- double click the mouse's select button on the -test me- text
- click the mouse's select button on the -test me- text and move while button clicked
- press a key after selcting -test me- text
- try to paste something on the -test me- text
- use the mouse wheel on the -test me- text
Finally click the [Result] button at end of the
section to get the triggerd events for the tags in the section.
All checkboxes for the events in the tags are invisible by default.
Clicking the appropriate checkbox in the Show Events for each tag
area shows this event checkbox for each tag. Unchecking the checkbox hides
the tag's event checkbox.
Moving the mouse over the
section pops up a inset window with some
configuration settings which are used for the result.
The [fire] button.
section shows all tag events which threw an exception
when triggered with the
Buttons at the end of the area:
will open the default mail client to send all triggered events for each tag.
will show all triggered events for each tag.
tries to trigger all events for each tag.
Some of these action may take 5-20 seconds, depending on the browser.
The tabs (like "HTML 4" or "Keys") are just used to highlight all events of
this category. These tabs provide no other functionality.
- automatic event generation ([fire] button) works on some FORM tags only
- some (all?) FORM tags (INPUT, TEXTAREA, SELECT ..) may not get, and hence
list, all events 'cause of the assiged tag attributes to catch the event
- some tags are not inside correct hierachy (i.e. PARAM inside OBJECT or EMBED)
- FF3 seems to have changed the event bubbling, hence tests are unreliable
- there is no additional garbage collection implemented, some browsers may consume huge amount of memory
- the [fire] butten triggers "onClick", "onChange", "onFocus", "onSelect" and "onBlur" in most browsers only.
For events in closing tags see tags-close.html
Not (yet) automatically testable
Some tag attributes if used invoke an event too, for example:
checked, selected or autofocus
A working test case for these events is currently missing.
This tool can be used to collect browser events automatically.
If send each event to server is checked in
section then each event will be send to the server specified in FQDN to send event to using the URL specified in URL to send event to. This request will use
the string set in User-Agent to be send as value for the "User-Agent" HTTP header.
checking these boxes have currently no effect, it's just informational