After two weeks of dilly dallying, I finally managed to finish up the redesign that I have been itching to do for the past two months. The colophon gives you an idea of the technical aspects of redesign.
As you can see all the categories have vanished for good. They didnt make sense anyway. I am proud of the use of php and css for the active links that you see on the left, possibly I might even write down a tutorial!
I also used Rounded Corners for the rounded rectangle you see. It isnt perfect. No solution suited my requirements well as my design does not have a plain background like the rest of the solutions.
As of now, the site is compliant with XHTML 1.0 strict, CSS and Section 508. Hopefully, the validable plugin I downloaded for Movable Type will help to keep it so forever.