- Fix passphrase focus on the text field in get passphrase/key
- Add Spanish translation
- Bug fix: in FakeVim Alt+Shift normally used to switch languages
inserts a 0x00 character.
- Bug fix: Switching wrap / nowrap does not update the line
- Update Botan to 2.19.3
- Add more logging for working with files. Provide error messages in
the logs when file operations fail.
- Parameterise the installation path and make /usr/local the default
- Disable the dependency on SSE4.1 and SSE4.2 to support older
- An option has been added to display line numbers in the editor
- Bug fix: invalid characters entered by the user are not checked and
a bad key file is created on Windows
- Bug fix: in the file encryption dialogue clearing the passphrase
sometimes causes invalid behaviour
- FakeVim mode: the cursor has become more consistent and
- FakeVim mode: the native file open dialogue can now be used
- FakeVim mode: support relative line numbers (rnu)
- Bug fix: in FakeVim mode the CPU consumption is 100% due to an
infinite loop in the Paint event
- Botan has been updated to version 2.19.2
- Localization has been updated
- FakeVim mode to enable editing files with Vim-like interface
- The lock icon has been replaced with a page and lock with the higher
quality of the image.
- Botan has been updated to version 2.18.1
- The build system has been improved to support more
- Bug fix: Opening search dialog by using ‘CTRL-F’ doesn’t focus on
the find text field
- ASCII armor
- Added cipher algorithms: CAMELLIA128, CAMELLIA192, CAMELLIA256,
- Added S2K hash digest algorithms: SHA384, SHA512, SHA224
- Added compression algorithm: BZIP2
- Botan has been updated to version 2.13
- Translation fixes for context menu
- New Python build system ported from Botan
- Bug fix: MDC failure was not reported when opening files
- Bug fix: the special case in which the last partial packet was
smaller than 5 bytes was not handled correctly
- Bug fix: –key-file-length parameter was broken in CLI
- Portable software should be able to store all its files in a single
removable location such as a memory stick. EncryptPad creates its
setting file in
$HOME/.encryptpad. After this change
EncryptPad will check if there is
directory in the application path and use it for settings and key
- Botan has been updated to version 2.7.
- Plog has been updated to version 1.1.4.
- Translation to Lithuanian
- Support for large files. EncryptPad can now process disk images,
backups and other types of multi-gigabyte files.
- A progress bar and cancellation button in the file encryption
- Tab size adjustment in the text editor.
- Botan has been updated to version 2.3.
- STLplus was updated to version 3.15.
- OpenPGP functionality has moved to its own library
- WAD format that is used for files encrypted with the persistent key
file location and double protection has changed. Files of this type that
are larger than 64 kilobytes are not backward compatible and cannot be
opened with 0.3.2.5. This does not apply to gpg and epd files with
single encryption and without persistent key file.
- Bug fixed: if a decrypted passphrase-only EPD file contained less
than 4 characters, the content was ignored and EncryptPad produced an
empty file. It happened because EncryptPad expected to find IWAD marker,
which was 4 character long. Such files will now open correctly.
- Bug fixed: when opening a plain-text file and saving it as
encrypted, the encryption parameters did not reset to the default values
but used the parameters of the last encrypted file.
- Bug fixed: the
line parameter did not support non ASCII characters. As result it was
not possible to open a file directly from Windows Explorer by double
clicking on it if the file was in a directory which name contained non
- More properties in the preferences to control default encryption
parameters: key file random sequence length, key file encryption
properties, default file encryption properties (cipher, s2k, iterations,
compression), the number of encryption keys to save or load without
prompting the passphrase again.
- Bug fixed: when multiple EncryptPad instances were opened and
preferences updated, the last instance overwrote the preferences changed
in other instances on closing.
- In File Encryption dialogue, a radio button was added to select
between EPD and GPG. Previously the user had to edit the extension
manually to output to the GPG format.
- Bug fixed: salt was displayed in File Encryption dialogue after
encrypting or decrypting a file, which did not make sense as it was not
related to the next encryption.
- There are only 256 possible S2K iterations sets. The file properties
dialogue now has a combo box to list all of them. It is easier to select
the maximum or minimum possible number of iterations.
- The default number of iterations has been changed to 1015808.
- Prevented the unnecessary prompt for a key file passphrase if the
key file is local and not encrypted.
- Bug fixed: after opening a file the mouse cursor changed to arrow
shape when it was over the text edit area. It is now
shaped as it should.
- Use one EncryptPad binary for all languages. EncryptPad will
recognize the OS preferred language for localization. It will simplify
the release management especially for packagers.
--lang switch to force a specific language instead of
taking the OS’s locale. Example:
encryptpad --lang FR to
load the French localization strings. Example:
encryptpad --lang FR to load the French localization
- EncryptPad GUI was translated to Chinese.
- README.md translated to French.
- stlplus was updated from upstream. It is now 3.13.
- Configurable s2k iteration count. It can be set per file and the
default value for new files. That value is also used for protecting file
- Support for the timestamp bytes in GPG files.
- Renamed the executable to low case
encryptpad except on
- Improved English interface consistency in GUI. All
- Translation to Russian.
- Translation to French.
- Added the
SHA-512 hashing algorithm.
- CLI: encryptcli crashed with a segfault when TTY was not available.
Now it exits gracefully with an error code.
- Bug fixed: In the file encryption dialogue, when clearing the
passphrase and setting it again, the passphrase was ignored and the file
was saved as “key only”.
- Bug fixed: In the file encryption, gpg files were encrypted with ‘t’
flag. It lead to removal of 0x0D bytes when GPG decrypted the files
because it thought that the files were textual. The problem did not
manifest on Windows and when EncryptPad was used for decryption. It was
only in the direction from EncryptPad to Linux/Unix GPG.
- Bug fixed: In file encryption dialogue, when the key file passphrase
was wrong, a message box did not inform the user.
- BAK files support. When editing, a bak file is only created when
saving for the first time.
- Changed the order of sections in new wad files. It is now the
directory, key, payload. It does not affect existing wad files.
- encryptcli can read passphrases from file descriptors
- encryptcli can read from stdin and write to stdout
- encryptcli arguments cleaned up and improved
- Updated Botan version to 1.10.12
- 64 bit build
- Fixed build permissions
- Changed build to work with g++ on Linux
- Build can now use system libraries on Linux including Zlib and
- Fixed build on Fedora 23
- Fixed warnings
- Initial open source release