Subject: Re: Setting it up with a different ISP

From: Patrick Forbes <patrickforbes@...>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 17:44:34 -0400

I did, with a 100.
I'd suggest, after my successful experimentation with my 100, that  
you try anything that takes you to its ROM test, or something to that  
effect.
If you manage to get that done, the account data should be erased.  
When you power it back on, you should get something like "Create New  
Account"
Fill in the fields with the info I previously provided in this board  
that you get from BasicISP. That should work.
Contact me for additional assistance, if you need.

Please consider the environment before printing this email note.

Patrick

1a. Re: Setting it up with a different ISP
     Posted by: "wd5hyq" gary@... wd5hyq
     Date: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:41 pm ((PDT))

So has anyone had any luck in getting the 350 to work with a  
different ISP?

   I have read a few threads in this group about the 350, but the 100  
and other mailstations seem to migrate into the 350 discussion, which
makes it very difficult to keep seperate.

   I thought that I had the instructions on a couple of different  
threads and after rereading them, i am no longer sure that they apply  
to the 350!

---

From: "wayne markis" <waynem@...>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 15:28:38 -0700

The setup for the model 100 is NOT the same as the Model 350.

What you can easily do on the 100 you can NOT do on the 350.

So far, I have not found or heard of anyone getting a Model 350 to
change and work on a new ISP or change the "Account Data"
in it.

If you do a ROM test on the Model 350, it wipes out ALL the
data on the unit, and it will NOT run anymore !!!!  Be warned !!!!

Wayne

  -----Original Message-----
  From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On
Behalf Of Patrick Forbes
  Sent: Friday, July 18, 2008 2:45 PM
  To: [email-masked]
  Cc: gary@...
  Subject: [mailstation] Re: Setting it up with a different ISP

  I did, with a 100.

  I'd suggest, after my successful experimentation with my 100, that you try
anything that takes you to its ROM test, or something to that effect.
  If you manage to get that done, the account data should be erased. When
you power it back on, you should get something like "Create New Account"
  Fill in the fields with the info I previously provided in this board that
you get from BasicISP. That should work.
  Contact me for additional assistance, if you need.

  Patrick

  So has anyone had any luck in getting the 350 to work with a different
ISP?

    I have read a few threads in this group about the 350, but the 100 and
other mailstations seem to migrate into the 350 discussion, which
  makes it very difficult to keep seperate.

    I thought that I had the instructions on a couple of different threads
and after rereading them, i am no longer sure that they apply to the 350!