Subject: baffled is what baffled does

From: Gayle Janzen <gaylejanzen@...>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 07:00:07 -0700 (PDT)

I am baffled...I do the whole [FUNCTION] [SHIFT] [D] and power on thing and still get the main menu. I have an ancient printer so it's working nice as an old time word processor.

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around 
http://mail.yahoo.com

---

From: "Cyrano Jones" <cyranojones_lalp@...>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 15:42:33 -0000

> I am baffled...I do the whole [FUNCTION] [SHIFT] [D] and power on 
> thing and still get the main menu. 

I think it is just [FUNCTION] [D] and [power on]
for the 150 & 120.  You should get a menu, with
"reset default acct" as an option.

Poking the reset button might be a lot easier than
pulling the power (and might even work with batteies in).

After picking "reset default acct", you answer Y, and almost
immediately poke reset (or yank power cord).  The trick is 
to let it run just long enough to erase the old acct, but
not long enough to finish re-writing the default acct info.  

IIRC, it is only a fraction of a second between the "yes" 
and when it writes the default account info, so the 
"sweet spot" that you need to catch it at is *very* short.  
You will likely need to try many times.

---

From: "Cyrano Jones" <cyranojones_lalp@...>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 21:53:34 -0000

> for the 150 & 120.  

Revise that to:

[FUNCTION] [D] and [plug in power cord]

*or*

[FUNCTION] [D] and [press reset]

The power button will not work (like it does to put 
older models in test mode).

> You should get a menu, with