Subject: deti1

From: "udrdraco1" <udrdraco1@...>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 18:18:30 -0000

Hey, I'm new here so plese forgive the noobiness. I just got a hold of 
a det1 mailstation, and I've been looking around for ways to hack it 
so I can use my own isp with it. I have no idea what Im supposed to 
do, so any info would be super awsome.

---

From: "John R. Hogerhuis" <jhoger@...>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 11:45:49 -0700

> do, so any info would be super awsome.

Yes you can do this. But this question is answered once a week, so
please search the archive. Searching with the phrase "isp" or "my own
isp" should do it...

We really need to put a FAQ list...

-- John.

---

From: "Neil Morrison" <neilsmorr@...>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 12:10:09 -0700

I posted a file.

Neil

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "John R. Hogerhuis" <jhoger@...>

---

From: "udrdraco1" <udrdraco1@...>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 19:24:59 -0000

Wooh, I was able to do it. My det1 succesfully logs into netzero. 
one problem though, when it tries to connect to the netzero mail 
server, it gets the error "the email service is busy or unavailable. 
please try again later." Same thing goes with my yahoo account. I'm 
pretty sure i put in the right pop3 and smtp adress. maybe its the 
fact that my email adress is .net, and the pop3 and smtp adresses 
are .com, though i dont think that's it.  hmm... do you guys know of 
any free email places that work well with it?
Oh and is the yahoo option functional at all? all i get is a clear 
screen.

--- In [email-masked], "John R. Hogerhuis" 
<jhoger@p...> wrote:
> > Hey, I'm new here so plese forgive the noobiness. I just got a 
hold
> > of

---

From: "Neil Morrison" <neilsmorr@...>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 14:54:37 -0700

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "udrdraco1" <udrdraco1@...>

> Oh and is the yahoo option functional at all? all i get is a clear

AFAIK they dumped the service after a year. I bought a used machine with two
of the messages still inside - neat! I'd like to figure it out and 'fix' it
to work again.

Regards,

Neil Morrison

---

From: "Cyrano Jones" <cyranojones_lalp@...>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 02:48:20 -0000

> AFAIK they dumped the service after a year. I bought a used machine 
> with two of the messages still inside - neat! I'd like to figure it 
> out and 'fix' it to work again.

I got a couple recently that have a "MyCIDCO" icon on the main
menu.  This must be a replacement for the "My Yahoo" function.

One has TV listings & weather for Jan 6, 2005.  The other
had news, and something else, also from this year (I guess I
erased it with the "flash test").  So, it would seem that 
Earthlink was still providing it in January.

The info is stored in the first 8 pages of the dataflash, one page
for each item in the sub-menu under mycidco.  I just get a blank
page now on the one I erased, with a "mycidco" tab at the top.
But there used to be two icons on that page, and selecting one
would display a page of data.  The data for the page is stored
as one big bitmap graphic.

I don't think there is a lot of hope of using it as intended, 
without a mailstation account from Earthlink.  Even if you could 
get the data into those pages (I suspect it uses the "clipmail" 
extensions to pop protocol), where would you get the data to load?

But it might be a way to add some new functions to the
ms menu.  It doesn't have to be tv listing or news, it
can be any code you want.  I spliced some code into the 
eventhadler, and it runs whenever you select the icon, or
any key is pressed, while viewing the associated data page.  
(I just made it blink the mail LED.)

It probably won't look very good after yahoo smashes all the 
indenting out, but here is the format of each item/page:

(try view source if reading this on website)

4000  C3 00 78       JP eventhandler
4003  64 40          DEFW icon	; icon location (in this page)
4005  0E 40          DEFW caption
4007  09 40          DEFW dunno
                dunno:
4009  00 .. 00       DEFB 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
                caption:
400E  01 00          DEFW 1    ; num of strings??? lines???
4010  0A 00          DEFW 10   ; num of chars
4012  06 00          DEFW 6    ; offset to first char of caption
4014  54 .. 67       DEFM "TV Listing"  ;caption string
401E  00 .. 00
                icon:
4064  AD 00          ;graphic data for icon, and data page, too.
4066  08 00 
4068  43 10 
406A  B5 00 
406C  22 00 
406E  22 00
....  .....       
77FF  00
                eventhandler:
7800                 [code for eventhandler]
....
7FFF

--
CJ