Subject: New to all this

From: "geraldjones1234" <geraldjones1234@...>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 21:38:44 -0000

can mailstation be "reset" to use another IP like dialup roadrunner and 
receive email and can It surf the web. And what is the scoop on 
changeing the rom. Please say in basis easy to understand terms.

Gerald

---

From: "John R. Hogerhuis" <jhoger@...>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 15:53:48 -0700

Hi Gerald,

> can mailstation be "reset" to use another IP like dialup roadrunner

Yes. See "Cracking" in the files section of the mailstation Yahoo group

> receive email and can It surf the web. And what is the scoop on 

There is no web browser built-in to the mailstation, just a mail client.
Maybe eventually we'll be able to do text mode browsing.

> changeing the rom. Please say in basis easy to understand terms.

As far as changing the ROM, this feature is just for developers right
now. So if you want to write experimental programs for the DET-1 in
assembly language, this can be useful and the tools are in the Files
section (Mailbug), However, there's nothing significant for end users to
load on the MS yet, hopefully soon though.

-- John.

---

From: "Neil Morrison" <neilsmorr@...>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 00:06:31 -0700

See the files on the web site - Cracking for a start. See the links too.

NM

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "geraldjones1234" <geraldjones1234@...>