Subject: Setup Menu on Mailstation 350

From: "Jeff" <dobkin@...>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 05:56:16 -0000

I figured out how to get into the setup menu on my Mailstation 350. 

Remove the batteries and use only the ac adapter to power the unit. 

Perform a reset to factory default settings by pressing and holding 
down the keys <Function + D> and power up. Select Yes when asked to 
restore to factory settings. 

During the message "Please wait while system resets" unplug the ac 
adapter.  This corrupts the settings in memory so that the unit will 
now only bring up the setup menu.  

The setup menu asks for User Name, Dial Up Number, Reply to address, 
and E-mail address.  There is also a Network settings button that 
appears in the menu.  Unfortunatly it will not let you put in an e-
mail address or allow you to go to the Network menu.  I'm guessing 
there is some combination of keystrokes or some hidden way to allow 
access to those settings but I haven't been able to figure it out.

Jeff

---

From: "Ronny Julian" <k4rjj@...>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 06:19:40 -0500

That's exactly what I think 99% of the group is looking to change.  getting the newer ones to perform email on any given POP3 system is the prize.  The older white ones are changeable but the blue non wireless and the 350 wireless 900 MHz models are locked into one ISP.  I'm starting to think they would have to be sent in and reflashed on the bench or a ROM changed to change those settings.

  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Jeff 
  To: [email-masked] 
  Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2004 12:56 AM
  Subject: [mailstation] Setup Menu on Mailstation 350

  Jeff  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Yahoo! Groups Links

    a.. To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mailstation/
      
    b.. To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]
      
    c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

---

From: "Cyrano Jones" <cyranojones_lalp@...>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 00:59:10 -0000

This setup menu looks quite similar to the "mailstation setup"
menu that is accessible under the normal mode main menu item
"setup", then "mailstation".  Except for the erased account
info, that is. 

Neither of the two will let you enter/change the email address.

To get out of the infinite loop of it insisting I fill in 
"all the items", but not letting me enter one of them, I
reset to factory settings again (and let it finish this time).

CJ