Subject: using a mailstation for pop3 email

From: "mgkall" <mark.kall@...>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 14:18:05 -0000

Hi.
I have 3 mailstations I collected in the past 3 years or so. Each of 
the 3 DET1's has a firmware version which allows me to put in ISP 
settings, POP3 server, smtp server, passwords, etc. I was going to 
distribute some to my relatives so we could email easily, but a 
problem came up.

Up until about 15 months ago I had been using one of them with my 
AT&T email account. But suddenly it stopped working. After much 
investigation and NO HELP FROM AT&T, I determined that it was the 
XTND command coming from the Mailstation which was causing an error 
message on the mailserver which basically killed the whole process.

I've tried to find other free email services which can tolerate the 
XTND command by either ignoring it or coming back with OK but not an 
error message. But I have been unable to find an email service which 
will work.

Does anyone in the group have the name and/or address of an email 
provider I can use which WILL work with my mailstation ?

Has anyone figured out how to hack the code to avoid this issue ?

BTW, I'd be willing to sell at least two of them if someone is 
interested. They are LIKE "NEW".

Thanks in advance,
Mark