Subject: Mother's Mailstation

From: Lyn Lobdell <lyn@...>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 14:31:44 -0400

My mother had mailstation several years ago but stopped it.  She 
wishes to restart it however in doing searching on the net I don't 
find much - I get sent to earthlink who apparently now operates 
it.  The monthly cost for an earthlink account is over $20.  Does 
earthlink still support mailstation and if so what is the monthly 
charge.  Don't want to go the computer route for her as mailstation 
is confusing enough.

Thanks,

Lyn L

---

From: "Neil Morrison" <neilsmorr@...>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 12:05:26 -0700

It's possible it may be able to use another ISP - possibly a free one. What 
exact model and ROM does it have?

See the files in our files section.

BTW, I suspect that EarthStation will bail out on this system in the near 
future.

Neil

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Lyn Lobdell" <lyn@...>

---

From: "Anthony Albert" <albert@...>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 17:19:54 -0400

>charge.  Don't want to go the computer route for her as mailstation 

The Mailstation is still quite a handy device, and is an inexpensive 
way to send/receive email.

I don't know how much longer Earthlink will continue to support it, but 
the Mailstation can be used with other Internet Service Providers 
(ISP).  There are instructions on changing its settings in the files 
sections of this group.

You might want to look into low-cost ISP in your area, or perhaps even 
a local small-business ISP.  While $20 per month is pretty standard, 
there are a few places offering dial-up access for about $10 per month, 
including an email mailbox, which the Mailstation can access.

Hope this helps,
Anthony Albert

===========================================================
Anthony J. Albert                     albert@...
Systems and Software Support Specialist          Postmaster
Computer Services - University of Maine, Presque Isle
	"This is only temporary, unless it works."
			--- Red Green

---

From: Lyn Lobdell <lyn@...>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 17:25:14 -0400

Thank you,

Lyn Lobdell

At 05:19 PM 9/26/2005, you wrote:
>----------
>YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
>    *  Visit your group 
> "<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mailstation>mailstation" on the web.
>    *
>    *  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>    * 
> <mailto:[email-masked]?subject=Unsubscribe>[email-masked] 
>
>    *
>    *  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the 
> <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>Yahoo! Terms of Service.
>
>
>----------