Subject: Cidco DET1-01

From: "ultrabizz" <ultrabizz@...>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 23:51:40 -0000

I'm calling on your collective vast experience.  I got a Cidco DET1-01
Mailstation, with the yahoo thingy on screen.  I set it up to dial via
my local ISP and use yahoo as the POP and SMTP server.

It dials up OK, connects to the ISP modem, but keeps giving " the
server is currently unavailable or busy ? please try again later? ."
when sending and receiving mail.

Has any one else got this model to work with yahoo?  I see no reason
why it should not work and suspect it's just a silly mistake I may
have overlooked.

---

From: "Neil Morrison" <neilsmorr@...>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 17:27:28 -0700

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "ultrabizz" <ultrabizz@...>

> why it should not work and suspect it's just a silly mistake I may

Do you have the Yahoo POP service? You have to pay for it, it isn't free.
Otherwise you'll need to find a free or pay dial up POP mail ISP. You can't
use HotPop either since it isn't dial up.

Neil

---

From: "ultrabizz" <ultrabizz@...>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 22:33:55 -0000

Yeh, I can access yahoo pop service via my mail client so that means
it all works fine.  I know yahoo requires an auth login and I don't
know if the Mailstation does any smtp authorization or not.  If not
then that obviusly the problem.

--- In [email-masked], "Neil Morrison" <neilsmorr@h...>
wrote:
> From: "ultrabizz" <ultrabizz@y...>
> 
>

---

From: "Neil Morrison" <neilsmorr@...>
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 13:05:32 -0700

----- Original Message ----- 

> then that obviusly the problem.

I've set mine up to access my ISP's POP mail OK and that uses all the
current stuff. It is do-able.

Neil