Subject: mailbug 0.0.4

From: "Cyrano Jones" <cyranojones_lalp@...>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 11:41:40 -0000

I uploaded a bunch of stuff: mailbug 0.0.4, bootapp, new version
of helloapp, and some comment files for mailbugs disassembler.
Also a file called crunch.dat, which has tags for data and code.
(Comments and crunch.dat are for 2.53yr.)

New in 0.0.4 is mainly ability to load splash screen in stock
mailstation, and ability to embed bootapp.rom file in
the splash screen.  It has to be named bootapp.rom, and it
needs to be in mbug subdir.

Splash screen files need to be in monochrome .bpm format.
Max size is 320x128.  I seem to remember having trouble
with smaller images, but that might be fixed now???
Filenames need to be "splashX.bmp", where X is a number.
You need a file named "splash6.bmp" if you want to load
bootapp, 'coz I hardcoded it to embed bootapp.rom in
that image file.  Splash image files go in subdir "misc".

0.0.4 also has the "inhale" function, but it is not in menu.
Command is "<", and I don't remember exactly how you get it
to sync with "spew", you might need to run both at almost
exact same time to avoid timeouts.  bootapp makes this
obsolete, though.  You can just "save" rom image after 
loading bootapp.

One other notable new feature of 0.0.4 is a symbol table.
The symbol data is stored as a comment with a special tag
that tells disassembler it is a symbol, and value is simply
the address where that comment is found.  Disassembler
will plug symbol in whenever it sees that address.

Unfortunately, it plugs symbol in whenever a constant
has that value, too, even if it is just coincidence.  
Makes for some odd looking disassembled code in places!

There are some new commands relating to symbols, I don't 
think they are documented anywhere yet (but I need to 
hit the sack now).

--CJ