Subject: hello?

From: "cs_bluechip" <csbluechip@...>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 00:32:03 -0000

Has this project moved home?

BC

---

From: "donhamilton2002" <donhamilton2002@...>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 05:00:52 -0000

> Has this project moved home?

What does "moved home" mean ???

don

---

From: "wayne" <waynem@...>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 09:26:56 -0700

Does anybody know where I might be able to get a manual for a Mailstation
100/150 unit.   I am putting one on line for a "Senior", and I need to get
them some sort of Operator's manual.

  Thanks,

  Wayne

    _._,_.___

  Messages in this topic (0) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic
  Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Database | Polls | Members | Calendar

  Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
  Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch format
to Traditional
  Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe Recent
Activity
    a..  2New Members
  Visit Your Group
  SPONSORED LINKS
    a.. Software development tool
    b.. Software development
    c.. Software development services
    d.. Software development company
    e.. Custom software development
  Sitebuilder
  Build a web site

  quickly & easily

  with Sitebuilder.

  Ads on Yahoo!
  Learn more now.

  Reach customers

  searching for you.

  Yahoo! Groups
  Take a Survey

  express your ideas

  share your opinion
  .

---

From: Bluechip <csbluechip@...>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 23:34:26 +0100

>What does "moved home" mean ???

I was led to understand that there was an active and moderated 
project to hack these devices, but have seen no posts here (about 
anything).  "moved home" is an expression I used to suggest that the 
project may no longer be hosted here but somewhere else instead.

BC

---

From: "laffingravy2" <ick43@...>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 17:57:38 -0000

--- In [email-masked], "wayne" <waynem@...> wrote:
> Wayne,
   There is a downloadable PDF manual 
here:http://www.amazon.com/EarthLink-Mailstation-E-mail-Appliance-
Black/dp/B00001WRJS   Scroll down the page and click "download 
product manual"
Good luck,
Laffingravy

---

From: "Neil Morrison" <neilsmorr@...>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 19:20:43 -0000

--- In [email-masked], "laffingravy2" <ick43@...> wrote:

> here:
http://www.amazon.com/EarthLink-Mailstation-E-mail-Appliance-Black/dp/B00001WRJS
  
> Scroll down the page and click "download 
> product manual"

Shorter link:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/2mlhoc

Neil

---

From: "donhamilton2002" <donhamilton2002@...>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 03:45:17 -0000

--- In [email-masked], Bluechip <csbluechip@...> wrote:
> >--- In [email-masked], "cs_bluechip" <csbluechip@> wrote:
> > >

Thank You for the defination, never heard it said that way before.

This is one "home" for information about mailstation.

The other is: http://www.linux-hacker.net/cgi-bin/UltraBoard/UltraBoard.pl

Scroll down to mailstation.

But to let you know, the "development" of mailstation software stopped
awhile ago.

There is not enough information to get anything really done.

The time required to reverse enginner the mailstation has slowed to a
crawl and has now stopped.

So, if you have the time and disere to forge on ahead, please ask any
questions about what you find here and on the Linux-hacker site.

Good Luck and have fun.

don

---

From: "wayne" <waynem@...>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 09:11:39 -0700

Thanks everyone, this is exactly what I was looking for.........

I have been trying to find some time to play with the Linux Internet/email
server
we own, and try to see if I can set it up on one of the spare netcards that
I can put in
it and then tell it is the DNS address of the mailstation units.  Then try
to see if
I can get a couple of these units I have to change over to another usable
address.

I have two Model 350's that I can't get to work on Earthlink's system.  One
has had the
memory erased (whoops), and the other seems to work but Earthlink just can't
get it to
recognize their setup message and get it to change it's default address to
work.  It seems
to send and receive correctly, but just won't recognize the setup messages.

Also, something most people are not aware of.  There is an account set up on
Earthlink for
every mailstation serial number out there.  This is so the mailstation can
log into the SMTP
server and get the setup message to change over to the account that is being
setup for the
customer.

Providing the correct network information is in the mailstation programming,
it will call up
Earthlink and get whatever is in that serial number account.  Unfortunately
you cannot send
anything to those accounts from outside of Earthlink.  But it does let you
see if the unit is
working !!  If I remember correctly there was an entry on this BBS that told
you how to figure
out what the password was so you could log in to that account from a regular
computer to see
if the mailstation found anything.

Most of the technical stuff on the mailstations is being done from India.  I
talked and worked with
a very knowledgeable tech over there that helped me get a Model 350 working,
but we were still unable
to get the other one to work.   The 350's evidently take a different type of
setup message than the
other models.

Wayne

  -----Original Message-----
  From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On
Behalf Of Neil Morrison
  Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2007 12:21 PM
  To: [email-masked]
  Subject: [mailstation] Re: Manual for Mailstation ???

  > There is a downloadable PDF manual

http://www.amazon.com/EarthLink-Mailstation-E-mail-Appliance-Black/dp/B00001
WRJS

  Shorter link:

  Neil