Subject: I'm Stumped Now!

From: "musicalman77" <musicalman77@...>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 17:51:59 -0000

But it wouldn't be the first time when dealing with MailStation or
EarthLink.

Item #1 - Since Yahoo changed a couple of months ago, I now have to
manually select "Text only" for any e-mail I send my mom to her
MailStation or she does not receive it.  Before the Yahoo changes, she
got them fine, and apparently EL "stripped" them down to text only
automatically; now it does not and if I forget to do "text only" from
Yahoo, she gets the "go check your webmail account" message (which she
of course cannot do).

Item #2 (The REAL puzzler):  In just the last week or 10 days, my
mom's e-mails to me from her MailStation to my Yahoo account just
suddenly stopped coming.  She can receive mine, but cannot reply to
them or originate any new e-mails to my Yahoo address.  She gets no
mailer daemon bounce message on them, they just vanish into
cyberspace.  If she sends a message to multiple addressees, everyone
else gets it but me.  Yesterday, I sent her three e-mails and asked
her to reply to each:  one from each of two Yahoo accounts I have and
one from my Gmail account.  I instantly received the reply to my Gmail
account, but neither of the ones to either Yahoo account.  She says
other Yahoo addresses ARE getting her e-mails, just not mine.  When I
go into her EL Webmail account and send myself one (to Yahoo), I get
it just fine, so it has SOMETHING to do with her machine, I think.

Any ideas??????????????????????

Jon

---

From: "wayne markis" <waynem@...>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 12:27:12 -0700

Check the SPAM and firewall settings on your email account setup.
That is going to decide what you allow in and what you bounce.
Might also check your SPAM box to see if they went there !!

Wayne

  -----Original Message-----
  From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On
Behalf Of musicalman77
  Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 10:52 AM
  To: [email-masked]
  Subject: [mailstation] I'm Stumped Now!

  Jon

---

From: "musicalman77" <musicalman77@...>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 15:01:07 -0000

I didn't change any settings on my Yahoo account(s) at all, and I
check my Spam folder daily.  This just happened about 10 days ago. 
One day I was getting e-mails from Mom as I have for years, then the
next day, I couldn't.  She's not getting "bounce" messages on them;
they are just vanishing.  I had her verify that she was sending them
to my correct address, and as stated in my original post, even had her
"reply" to them from two different Yahoo accounts.  NOTHING!  I'm
convinced it has something to do with her MailStation hardware, but I
don't know what it could be.

---

From: "wayne markis" <waynem@...>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 08:25:54 -0700

One quick way to find out is to drop your Spam filter, and have her send you
a message.
Also, there should be a box in your email account setup for selecting Text
or Mime output.

Then ALL your emails will be sent as the same way.  You could also check
with Yahoo and see
if they did a software change about 10 days ago ??

Had a similar problem when our ISP changed us to new IP addresses. It seems
the new IP's
were listed as SPAM originating IP's by a Spam blocker, and Google and Yahoo
wouldn't
process them, just dropped them.  Once the blocking was taken off the IP
addresses, we
had no problem sending them.

Get the IP address off her machine and run it through a Spam check (search
for it on the web).

Wayne

  -----Original Message-----
  From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On
Behalf Of musicalman77
  Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2008 8:01 AM
  To: [email-masked]
  Subject: [mailstation] Re: I'm Stumped Now!

---

From: "Neil Morrison" <neilsmorr@...>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 12:25:12 -0700

IME Yahoo mail has always been buggy. GMail is far more robust and defaults to plain text IIRC.

I've had long delays at times with Yahoo.

Neil

  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: musicalman77 

  Jon

  .