Subject: Re: Update of your "BasicISP" use on your Mailstation

From: Patrick Forbes <patrickforbes@...>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 17:51:32 -0400

Absolutely! Of all the outfits I've found, ONLY BasicISP followed  
through with an operating system and a great deal. Their Customer  
Service is wonderful.
Yes, it really is $6.95/month. Please follow carefully the notes I  
put on the board. They're tested and work well.
Mine is currently unplugged as I will be transferring the account to  
my mum's Mailstation when I get out there.

Please consider the environment before printing this email note.

Patrick Forbes
121 Lafayette Boulevard
Whitby, Ontario
L1P 1S4
905-666-0378

On 28-Jul-08, at 07:32 , dollysgen wrote:

I am wondering if you are still having satisfactory service with  
BasicISP?

My brother (completly computer challenged) received a Mailstation  
Mivo 100 model DET 1m as a gift years ago.  He has not used it at  
all, understanding it would cost $100 to use.

I would like to get the mailstation online for our communication use.
Your post led me to their sight and am now wondering as to your  
experience with this company?

Thank you for your response (if on message board rather than email  
please mail me so I know where to look).

As ever, Dolly Wheeler <dollysgen@...>

---

From: Patrick Forbes <patrickforbes@...>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 20:15:42 -0400

Congrats! I'm thrilled to bits! They're a wonderful outfit that can  
service the Mail Station quite well. The .net and .com thing needs  
some fine tuning though, as my previous notes indicated. I don't have  
a parallel printer to print the screens but will scan the screen when  
I get a chance.

The Reply To is for when your want a reply to your E-mail to go  
somewhere else than your BasicISP address like a work E-mail address  
for example.
More later.......

Patrick

On 27-Aug-08, at 06:46 , [email-masked] wrote:
     Date: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:13 pm ((PDT))

OK, so I got my mailstation DET1 up and running on basicISP.  It  
works great, but I have one small problem.  the basicISP email  
address for the mailstation is:  username@....  when you  
send a message from the mailstation to someone it shows that the  
email address is username@....  Anyone know why the .com is  
being substituted for the .net???   Does it have anything to do with  
leaving the Reply To field blank in the mailstation setup?