Subject: Test mode on version 4.xx firmware

From: "Cyrano Jones" <cyranojones_lalp@...>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 03:47:20 -0000

<function><q><a><power on>

qa781206

--CJ

---

From: "Carl Hauser" <chauserx@...>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 15:57:50 -0000

I had previously been unable to reconfigure the ISP on my MS 120 with
v 4.05e using the "reset during power on" trick. Although it produced
the "erase all settings" option, the Earthlink ISP settings were not
erased.

After using the information below about entering diagnostics mode and
choosing the FAST TEST option when the machine rebooted at the end of
the test the machine rebooted it had no ISP info and allowed me to
set up a new account. (Warning: FAST TEST erases everything in the
machine.)

Full sequence:
Hold down <function><q><a> and press power on. Continue holding
<fn><q><a> until a box appears on the screen.
Enter 
   qa781206<enter>
in the box.
Enter
   2
to choose FAST TEST.
The first four tests are quick. The ROM test takes about 20 seconds.
Wait for it. Eventually the screen changes to say 
Battery TESTING with a box below. 
The box will get filled in with 
Battery HIGH
Now hit <enter><Back>
and you're back at the Diagnostic Main Menu. Enter
q
to quit and reboot. You'll get the menu of options to clear various
things. It doesn't seem to matter what you choose -- the next message
is "Please create a new user account".

Enjoy.

--- In [email-masked], "Cyrano Jones"