Subject: Re: Women in Power

From: [email-masked] (Jeanette S.)
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 17:04:33 -0500 (CDT)

Gordon wrote:  "wears her hair long enough to fall on her shoulders,
even when waved, which she does herself with heated rollers.   It
seemed such a chore when she washed and curled it that I persuaded her
to go to a hairdresser and have it shortened.   Big mistake. It was
just before we went on our first and only holiday together, and she
spent the whole fortnight moaning about the fact that because I had
talked her into shortening it, she could not 'take it up' on top
properly. She is too 'appearance orientated'.... 
When I suggested it I was thinking of a much shorter length that would
be less work and quickly dressed up by the hotel hairdresser for special
evenings.   8-( 
--"
******************************************
That's a No-No Gordon; don't try to get a woman to change her hair
because she'll hate it no matter what and blame it on you!  8-)
Jeanette

---

From: "Barbara Christian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 11:32:24 +1000

Gordon wrote:  "wears her hair long enough to fall on her shoulders,
even when waved, which she does herself with heated rollers. It
seemed such a chore when she washed and curled it that I persuaded her
to go to a hairdresser and have it shortened. Big mistake. It was
just before we went on our first and only holiday together, and she
spent the whole fortnight moaning about the fact that because I had
talked her into shortening it, she could not 'take it up' on top
properly. She is too 'appearance orientated'....
When I suggested it I was thinking of a much shorter length that would
be less work and quickly dressed up by the hotel hairdresser for special
evenings. 8-(
--"
******************************************
That's a No-No Gordon; don't try to get a woman to change her hair
because she'll hate it no matter what and blame it on you!  8-)
Jeanette
=======
True. I had my hair cut yesterday, so my head feels a lot lighter
and my fringe is no longer in my eyes. It's given me a lift. I always
go on a Tues as that's the day the haircuts are cheaper...$13.
Now I have to colour it again.
Bobbie

---

From: Gordon <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 08:47:06 +0100

Barbara Christian <[email-masked]> wrote
>be less work and quickly dressed up by the hotel hairdresser for special
That's cheap!    Even mine cost me £3 as a pensioner, but I usually give
him £4 because he does a good job and takes plenty off.
I wonder if it's warm enough to risk it today......
-- 
Gordon

---

From: "Barbara Christian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 22:30:00 +1000

> I wonder if it's warm enough to risk it today......
=========
I prefer to go the the regular salon and get a proper cut and style for
$13 than go to the places which offer pensioner rates...and just cut.<g>

Bobbie

---

From: Gordon <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 16:27:31 +0100

>$13 than go to the places which offer pensioner rates...and just cut.<g>
My amount of hair could not be styled, other than a Number 1, Number 2,
and probably a Number 3.
-- 
Gordon

---

From: "Jean B." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 18:28:40 -0400

> because she'll hate it no matter what and blame it on you!  8-)

That's probably wise advice.  It's hard enough to get a cut
oneself that one doesn't loathe.

-- 
Jean B.