Subject: Re: Women in Power

From: [email-masked] (Jeanette S.)
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 17:37:30 -0500 (CDT)

Bobbie responded to my comment about the little slogan about women:  "I
have a saying I found once, back in the 70/80's I think: "Whatever women
do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good.
Luckily, this is not difficult." I stuck this to my bulletin board over
my desk and memorized it. I guess that is why women are expected to do
twice as much work as men and why the "glass ceiling" still exists! -
Salary cap.   Women usually do a better job than men in some
professions, or at least as well as, but the "glass ceiling" hits them
in the head as far as salary and/or promotion. Jeanette 
============== 
Good assessment.....We have a problem with the glass ceiling here
as well. 
Bobbie"
****************************************
Whenever my boss came into my office, he scowled at the saying.  I asked
him if he was going to make me take it down but he said no, but that is
was sexist.  He continued scowling every time he came in my office.
After about a year, I got a different desk with different overhead
cabinets, so I stuck it to the inside of one of the cabinet doors.  I
don't think he even realized it was gone!  Today I have a secretary
style desk with a drop-down leaf and I keep it stuck in there.  Jeanette

---

From: "Barbara Christian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 11:25:22 +1000

=======
I had that saying stuck on to my filing cabinet as well. I only got
comments and scowls from one man, and he had power and
control issues,.....and continual female problems...couldn't keep
a relationship for more than 6 months. Very telling, eh?
Bobbie