Subject: Long-Range Weather Forecast

From: Anne Jackson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 19:06:29 GMT

The Indians asked their Chief in autumn if the winter was
going to be cold or not.  Not really knowing the answer, the
chief replies that the winter was going to be cold, and that
the members of the village were to collect wood to be
prepared for a cold winter.

Being a good leader, he then went to the next phone booth
and called the National Weather Service and asked, "Is this
winter to be cold?"

The man on the phone responded, "This winter was going to be
quite cold indeed."

So the Chief went back to speed up his people to collect
even more wood to be prepared.  A week later he called the
National Weather Service again, "Is it going to be a very
cold winter?"

"Yes", the man replied, "it's going to be a very cold
winter."  So the Chief goes back to his people and orders
them to go and find every scrap of wood they can find.

Two weeks later he calls the National Weather Service again
"Are you absolutely sure that the winter is going to be very
cold?"

"Absolutely, we made a study " the weather man replies, "the
Indians are collecting wood like crazy!"