Subject: Re: And here's another on <grin>

From: [email-masked] (Jeanette S.)
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 12:01:06 -0500 (CDT)

Someone wrote:  "George Bush the daddy headed up the drive to put Saddam
out of Kuwait. Clinton had nothing to do with that."  
*************************************
That is correct!  That war?? was sanctioned by the former George Bush.
It might have been because of the oil there, and probablywas.  I can
remember hearing and seeing the then President Bush speaking about
"multiple points of lght", or something like that.  And watching the war
or whatever it was called, wih each side shooting missiles at each
other, for endless hours.  Clinton had nothing to do with it.  Jeanette

---

From: "Bob Thomas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 15:31:06 GMT

"Jeanette S." <[email-masked]> wrote in message
news:[email-masked]...
> out of Kuwait. Clinton had nothing to do with that."

"Sanctioned"?????  It was pursued by Bush I.  It was sanctioned by the UN.

> It might have been because of the oil there, and probablywas.

I think you are correct.  Oil is a vital national resource.  It was/is not
in our interest to let one irresponsible regime gain control of all or most
of it.

I can
> other, for endless hours.  Clinton had nothing to do with it.

True.

cheers

bob