Subject: I want to puke

From: Dink <[email-masked]>
Date: 17 Oct 2003 09:55:52 GMT

God put Bush in charge, says the general hunting bin Laden
By David Rennie (Filed: 17/10/2003)
http://makeashorterlink.com/?Q12D21D36

-- 
Dink

---

From: Jan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 12:13:51 -0400

>http://makeashorterlink.com/?Q12D21D36

"What the Lord giveth, the Lord can take away". Or words to that
effect.<g>  Perhaps God wants Allah to win.<g>  "Onward Christian
Soldiers", but not too fast in front.  
Dink, 
 While I do not agree with war I am also opposed to the types of smear
campaigns which seem to be a popular ploy with some US media types.
  I can look at these rantings in the media and shrug.  The man does,
after all, have a private life.  If he thinks Allah is the great
satan, so be it.  Perhaps, in view of his position he could have
exercised a modicum of restraint.  However, the fact that he let his
fervour run away with his mouth should not be held against him.
Surely the fact of whether or not he can do his job is more important
than his religious beliefs.  If he starts issuing US troops with
little, or big red crosses to wear on their chests, I will become
concerned, until that time however why not wait and see if he can
perform the duties assigned to him.
 Would the media be interested in censorship perhaps?  If applied to
General Officers, no matter how stupid they appear, it should also
apply to the media.   Pause for a moment and consider if *your* life
would stand being examined under the media microscope.  
Jan
"If you can't take a joke you shouldn't have joined"

---

From: "Joan F \(MI\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 12:59:05 -0400

You mean it was God who messed up the Florida votes?  I would never have
guessed!

"Dink" <[email-masked]> wrote in message
news:[email-masked]...
God put Bush in charge, says the general hunting bin Laden
By David Rennie (Filed: 17/10/2003)
http://makeashorterlink.com/?Q12D21D36

--
Dink

---

From: Dink <[email-masked]>
Date: 17 Oct 2003 18:24:48 GMT

Jan <[email-masked]> wrote in 

> "If you can't take a joke you shouldn't have joined"

If my god ever tells me she has any favorites among humankind, I will
trade her in for a different god.

-- 
N 30.21, W 97.81
"Show me two villages, one embowered in trees and blazing with all the
glories of October, the other a merely trivial and treeless waste, or
with only a single tree or two for suicides, and I shall be sure that
in the latter will be found the most starved and bigoted religionists
and the most desperate drinkers." ~~ Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)

---

From: Jan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 17:40:24 -0400

>http://makeashorterlink.com/?Q12D21D36

God's a Republican?  Marian was wrong all along?  Finally the answer
is revealed.?  Tranquility can now  descend upon the group, all has
been answered, "Praise the whatever".<g>
 God can't "mess" up anything, think about it.   On the other hand
there is this collection of animal life known as humans, but maybe
we're just an experiment.<g>

Jan (Dabbling his toe into American politics<g>)
"If you can't take a joke you shouldn't have joined"

---

From: [email-masked] (Whunicut)
Date: 17 Oct 2003 22:01:37 GMT

>N 30.21, W 97.81

The minutes in west longitude should be more than 0 and less than 60. Or you
may actually be at W 98.21, in which case, forget it.

Warren,
picky, picky

---

From: Dink <[email-masked]>
Date: 17 Oct 2003 23:08:48 GMT

[email-masked] (Whunicut) wrote in
news:[email-masked]: 

>>N 30.21, W 97.81
> 
> The minutes in west longitude should be more than 0 and less than 60.
> Or you may actually be at W 98.21, in which case, forget it.
> 
> Warren,
> picky, picky

No minutes there. Them is decimal degrees.
N 30° 12' 36" x  W 97° 48' 36"
-- 
N 30.21, W 97.81
Dink

---

From: [email-masked] (Whunicut)
Date: 18 Oct 2003 11:34:30 GMT

>N 30° 12' 36" x  W 97° 48' 36"

Yep. Realized that after I hit the send button.

Warren
Who should look before leaping.;))

---

From: [email-masked] (Lady Dagon)
Date: 18 Oct 2003 11:33:27 -0700

Jan <[email-masked]> wrote in message news:<[email-masked]>...
> campaigns which seem to be a popular ploy with some US media types.

The general said it.  He smeared himself.  The media just reported it.

He also got it wrong.  Allah is the same god that Christians and
Jewish worship.  His God is Allah by another name.

> perform the duties assigned to him.

The general was in his *United States Army uniform* when he said his
remarks.  This was not his private life.  By wearing his uniform, he
was acting as if he was representing the Unites States.

He should be fired at once.  However W. Bush will not do this.  Thus
the decent Muslims and much of the rest of the world will have reason
again to look on the Unites States with contempt at such
hate-mongering be allowed by the President.

And they will be right.
  
 -The Lady

---

From: Fay <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 19:43:39 -0000

[email-masked] (Lady Dagon) wrote in 

> Jewish worship.  His God is Allah by another name.

My God doesn't run a virgin whore house with 72 virgin whores for men that 
kill infidels.

---

From: Jan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 17:42:40 -0400

>The general said it.  He smeared himself.  The media just reported it.

 Please note the following from the report:
"Investigative reporters from the Los Angeles Times and NBC television
have dug up two years' worth of seemingly incendiary comments from Lt
Gen William "Jerry" Boykin, the newly promoted deputy undersecretary
of state of defence for intelligence."

The very use of the words "dug up" indicates to me that these intrepid
'investigative reporters' were looking for anything to smear this
person.  Do you put another interpretation on this phrase? 
>Jewish worship.  His God is Allah by another name.

Not a big deal. Allah, God, Yahweh, Jehovah are all names for the same
something.  Just because he happens to think God is superior to Allah
is not  reason enough to censure him in my opinion.  The muslims seem
to think that Allah is superior. 
>was acting as if he was representing the Unites States.

  I disagree.  If he had made these statements in uniform in a foreign
country, you may have a point.
  However, within the US he is merely another person expressing a
point of view, or are you against free speech for a person in the
military?  The fact that he chose to appear in uniform indicates to me
nothing more than an enlarged ego. Again, nothing for which to be
censured.   Do you really think the 'investigative reporters' would
have not pounced on this even if he was in civvies?
  
>hate-mongering be allowed by the President.

Why?  What has he done that many other people of the Christian
persuasion have not done?   How do you see this as 'hate mongering'?
Has a lack of political correctness suddenly become 'hate mongering'?
The majority of people throughout the world will probably just shrug,
as I do, and write it off to an over-zealous person with an
over-inflated ego.  Bearing in mind what some not so decent muslims
say, he should be applauded, not censured.
>And they will be right.

  People have far more sense than you seem to give them credit for.
This is just another rabid US media storm in a tea-cup.  It will pass.

Jan

---

From: Fay <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 01:24:14 -0000

> to think that Allah is superior. 

My God does not run a virgin whore house for murdering suicide terrorist.
My God says sucide is a sin.
My God says murder is a sin.
My God does not reward terrorist.
My God send all of the above to burn in HELL for all eternity.

---

From: Jan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 22:49:10 -0400

>My God send all of the above to burn in HELL for all eternity.

Good for your God, and I suspect, the good General's God also, 
though I think your God's a bit straight-laced and vicious.
   The first one's a bit of an oxymoron though isn't it?   I mean
really, virgins and whore-houses don't go together do they?  
  Suicide is rather silly, but hardly a sin in my view.
  Murder is to be avoided, however it's then necessary to define
murder.
  I presume you also believe that if you are 'good' all your life
you'll go to heaven, whatever that is.  What is the difference in that
belief and the one that some muslims have that they will be rewarded?
Both are beliefs relating to different religions, who's to say which
one is right.  Certainly not me, I would hope I'm not that
presumptuous.
  Of course, to burn in hell, one has to believe in hell.  If one
believes in hell then one has to believe in satan.  If one believes in
satan then one has to believe that God is not omnipotent.  Bit of a
problem really.<g>
Personally, my God happens to love all things unconditionally, is
non-judgemental, does not lay out a list of dos and don'ts and like a
loving parent doesn't really give a rodents rectum whether or not I
screw up.  My God still loves me, warts and all.  As I am in no
position to determine if I've screwed up anywhere, I'm quite happy
with this arrangement.

Jan

---

From: Dink <[email-masked]>
Date: 19 Oct 2003 02:54:51 GMT

Fay <[email-masked]> wrote in
news:[email-masked]: 

>> Not a big deal. Allah, God, Yahweh, Jehovah are all names for the
>> same something.  Just because he happens to think God is superior to
>> Allah is not  reason enough to censure him in my opinion.  The
>> muslims seem to think that Allah is superior. 
> 
> My God does not run a virgin whore house for murdering suicide
> terrorist. My God says sucide is a sin.

Dear Fay,

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding your God.
I have learned a great deal from you, and I try to share that
knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend
the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind him that
Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate.
I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the
specific laws and how to best follow them.

When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a
pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev. 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They
claim the odor is not pleasing to them. How should I deal with this?

I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as it suggests in Exodus
21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for
her? 

I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her
period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev. 15:19-24). The problem is, how
do I tell?  I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

Lev. 25:44 states that I may buy slaves from the nations that are around
us. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans but not
Canadians. Can you clarify?

I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2
clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill
him myself?

A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an
abomination (Lev. 10:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality.
I don't agree.  Can you settle this?

Lev. 20:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a
defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my
vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you
can help. Thank you again for reminding us that your God is better than
Allah.

-- 
N 30.21, W 97.81
The arts are the salt of the earth; as salt relates to food,
the arts relate to technology. ~~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

---

From: Fay <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 04:52:49 -0000

Jan <[email-masked]> wrote in 
news:[email-masked]:

> Good for your God

You have the right to beieve anything you want. I was just stating what I 
believe.

---

From: Fay <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 05:04:42 -0000

> can help. Thank you again for reminding us that your God is better than

My God doesn't reward murder or suicide.

---

From: Eugene A. Calame <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 00:28:00 -0500

>can help. Thank you again for reminding us that your God is better than

Simple.  It is the old testament you are quoting.  If you are a Christian you go
by the New Testament.

If you are an atheist just forget it.  You are own your on.

-- 
Eugene A. Calame    [email-masked]
Austin, Texas USA   

Please ask your ISP to add the newsgroup alt.misc.friends

---

From: Eugene A. Calame <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 00:28:54 -0500

>You mean it was God who messed up the Florida votes?  I would never have

Nope, he is the one that got it straight.

---

From: "Barbara Christian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 18:56:22 +1000

> can help. Thank you again for reminding us that your God is better than
==================
Dink......that was excellent.....excellent!
Bobbie

---

From: [email-masked] (Lady Dagon)
Date: 19 Oct 2003 06:14:34 -0700

Jan <[email-masked]> wrote in message news:<[email-masked]>...
> This is just another rabid US media storm in a tea-cup.  It will pass.

Just like our presence in Iraq?  Which the President promised would
not be long?  When the President promised we would not be involved in
nation-building?

Sadly, you are right, this will pass.  Under Bush's war against Muslin
fanatics, Christian fanatics are perfectly okay to him and many US
citizens.

So pitiful.

 -The Lady

---

From: Dink <[email-masked]>
Date: 19 Oct 2003 15:26:33 GMT

On 19 Oct 2003, you wrote in
news:[email-masked]: 

> 
> Simple.  It is the old testament you are quoting.  If you are a
> Christian you go by the New Testament.
> 
When the Xtian fundies stop telling me what is in the O.T., I'll
stop telling them what is in it.

Dink
-- 
N 30.21, W 97.81

---

From: Eugene A. Calame <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 11:16:07 -0500

>stop telling them what is in it.

Feel free to do so.  I just pointed out that your references, allowing many
things that would be frowned on now, were from the Old Testament.

I am not an expert on the New Testament but I do not think any of the quotes you
gave from Leviticus or Exodus are encourged in the New Testament.

---

From: Jan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 12:29:41 -0400

>> news:[email-masked]:
<Snippety Snip>
>> My God send all of the above to burn in HELL for all eternity.
<In sonorous tones>  Dink my child,
You appear to have some problems resolving certain questions of
worship and adoration, may I, in suitable humble manner offer some
possible solutions?

>claim the odor is not pleasing to them. How should I deal with this?

In this day and age, with the price of beef so high, may I suggest the
following adjustments while keeping the main principle.   
Substitute t-bone steak for bull and barbecue for altar.  The odour
will remain pleasing to the Lord, a burnt offering will be available
and you could always invite your neighbour over for supper. 
 This, I feel, will resolve three dilemmas, 1) The Lord, your God will
be appeased with the odour from the burnt offering,  2) you will be
fed and 3) your neighbour, instead of complaining,  may even
contribute some wine to the festivities thereby permitting you to love
thy neighbour as thyself.
>21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for

If your daughter is anything like some of the foul-mouthed little
brats I see fairly frequently, I would suggest taking any amount
offered.  Any price would be a fair price to get rid of them.
>do I tell?  I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

Simple, be alert for mood-changes and head-aches.  Alternatively watch
their actions.  Should they sneak through a friends house and shoot
out of the room on a skate-board, be suspicious, should they start
jumping cracks in the side-walk, again approach with caution.  The Ark
of the TV may also provide further clues.
>Canadians. Can you clarify?

Mexico is fine, purchase as many as your budget can handle, as the
saying goes, "A slave a day keeps boredom away". 
 Stay clear of Canada.  Canadians have this aversion to being slaves
to anyone but their current government.  When placed in captivity they
tend to be a surly and rebellious lot who may even burn down white
houses.<g>  Best to leave them alone with their ice-hockey and
beer.Eh?
>clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill

Of course you are.  This is not murder, this is justifiable homicide.
The Lord be praised.  However, a word of caution should be injected
here.  Make sure you have sufficient groceries and other necessities
like gas to get you through the Sabbath.
>I don't agree.  Can you settle this?

As long as the only day of the of the week on which shellfish is eaten
is a friday,  the abomination level is reduced.  I do not recommend
eating homosexuals on any day.
>vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

To understand the reason for this, one has to study the opticilus
connundrous.  Many of the faithful, unfortunately with reduced visual
ability were approaching the altar and actually tripping over it.
This caused many blasphemies to be uttered in the area of the holy of
holies. Not to mention the confusion caused when the priest was
knocked over, the wine spilled and the clothes rent as the unfortunate
worshiper stumbled around.  Thus the edict was brought into effect. 
 I feel however, that with the corrected vision brought about by the
wearing of the glasses, you no longer have a defect in your sight and
will thus be able to approach the altar of God without causing mayhem.
>can help. Thank you again for reminding us that your God is better than

May you go in peace my child, the blessings of Walmart be upon you.

Jan

---

From: Jan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 12:29:41 -0400

>> This is just another rabid US media storm in a tea-cup.  It will pass.
Ah Lady,
You raise many questions that are unanswerable.  
>not be long?  

Did he define 'long'.  When compared to eternity, how long is long?
One has to be very careful when understanding politicians, they speak
with forked tongues.

>When the President promised we would not be involved in
>nation-building?

Now you see you have to define 'nation-building'. Is it restoring a
nation that has been destroyed or is it expanding ones own empire?
>fanatics, Christian fanatics are perfectly okay to him and many US
Please don't get me wrong. Fanatics of *any* description are
unhealthy.  The only saving grace for the Christian variety is that
they don't turn themselves into mobile bombs, at least not yet.<g>

Jan

---

From: "Barbara Christian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 09:09:46 +1000

> May you go in peace my child, the blessings of Walmart be upon you.
============
Thanks for the chuckles for today....very clever.
Bobbie

---

From: "Barbara Christian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 09:11:02 +1000

> fanatics, Christian fanatics are perfectly okay to him and many US
===========
Good post the Lady. I totally agree. Yes, very pitiful.

bobbie

---

From: "Barbara Christian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 09:13:03 +1000

> they don't turn themselves into mobile bombs, at least not yet.<g>
=========
The 'short' war has now been extended to at least 2006.
IMO, nation-building is expanding one's own empire.
Xian fanatics don't need to turn themselves into mobile
bombs....they have military hardware.
Bobbie

---

From: Gordon <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 00:35:03 +0100

Eugene A. Calame <[email-masked]> wrote
>If you are an atheist just forget it.  You are own your on.
This is not a rehearsal - this is the only life you are going to get!
-- 
Gordon

---

From: Gordon <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 00:38:27 +0100

Barbara Christian <[email-masked]> wrote
>> can help. Thank you again for reminding us that your God is better than
Indeed!  It exposes just how out of date and ridiculous the bible
'teachings' are.   If the Anglican church doesn't come into the 21st
century and stop treating homosexuality as a curable disease, the
churches will be completely empty before very long...
-- 
Gordon

---

From: [email-masked] (jingles)
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 07:07:35 GMT

>This is not a rehearsal - this is the only life you are going to get!

Right! and its kinda safer to hedge your bets.....
Now I don't say I don't believe in ghosts......I've never seen one,
but that doesn't mean they don't exist....

jingles

---

From: [email-masked] (jingles)
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 07:09:31 GMT

>churches will be completely empty before very long...

Some of the bible teachings stand the test of time.....'As you do unto
the least of my creatures,  so you do unto me....'  think about it....

jingles (He didn't specify, race, colour or creed....)

---

From: [email-masked] (Lady Dagon)
Date: 20 Oct 2003 09:19:38 -0700

> Jan <[email-masked]> wrote in message >news:<[email-masked]>...
> > 

It sure does not seem that way in America nowadays.

Check out this link for an example from yesterday's Sunday newspapers:

  http://www.doonesbury.com/strip/dailydose/index.html?uc_full_date=20031019

For those who don't check this link, let me quote in part:

"The following is a public service message to an incredible 69% of
Americans. THERE IS *NO* EVIDENCE OF A LINK BETWEEN SADDAM HUSSEIN AND
9/11! *NONE!*  EVEN THE *WHITE HOUSE* ADMITS IT!"

People seem to have far less sense than I credited them for.

 -The Lady

---

From: "Bob Thomas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 16:23:47 GMT

"Lady Dagon" <[email-masked]> wrote in message
news:[email-masked]...
> Jan <[email-masked]> wrote in message
news:<[email-masked]>...
> Just like our presence in Iraq?  Which the President promised would

WRONG!!!  He never promised that.

> nation-building?
Yes, he did in campaign speeches.
g
> fanatics, Christian fanatics are perfectly okay to him and many US
Not to me.

cheers

bob

---

From: [email-masked] (Dori)
Date: 20 Oct 2003 09:26:48 -0700

Dink <[email-masked]> wrote in message news:<[email-masked]>...
> http://makeashorterlink.com/?Q12D21D36

Be my guest - puke away.  Lol.

---

From: [email-masked] (Lady Dagon)
Date: 20 Oct 2003 10:49:14 -0700

Fay <[email-masked]> wrote in message news:<[email-masked]>...
> My God doesn't run a virgin whore house with 72 virgin whores for men that 

True.  Nowadays Christians leaders rape little boys or kill them
during prayer groups.

Do you know about the Crusades?  The Inquistion?  The Salem Witch
Trials?

Or are you Jewish?

 -The Lady

---

From: [email-masked] (Lady Dagon)
Date: 20 Oct 2003 10:58:45 -0700

Jan <[email-masked]> wrote in message news:<[email-masked]>...
> they don't turn themselves into mobile bombs, at least not yet.<g>

They do go around killing doctors, however, as well as blowing up
medical buildings and places where gay people gather.

There was the bombing at the Atlanta Olympics that killed an innocent
person.

Close enough for me.

It seems the Christian fanatics don't blow themself up because they
want to stay alive to be able to hurt and kill more people.

 -The Lady

---

From: Dink <[email-masked]>
Date: 20 Oct 2003 18:43:42 GMT

> People seem to have far less sense than I credited them for.

Some people think we are too stupid to select our own leaders.
Dink
-- 
N 30.21, W 97.81
"Our main agenda is to have all guns banned. We must use whatever means
possible. It doesn't matter if you have to distort facts or even lie.
Our task of creating a Socialist America can only succeed when those who
would resist us have been totally disarmed." ~~ Sarah Brady (President
of Handgun Control, Inc.) to Senator Howard Metzenbaum, The National
Educator, January 1994, Page 3.

---

From: Gordon <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 20:14:44 +0100

jingles <[email-masked]> wrote
>jingles (He didn't specify, race, colour or creed....)

I think about that one every time I kill an insect.  :-)
-- 
Gordon

---

From: Gordon <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 20:16:18 +0100

Lady Dagon <[email-masked]> wrote
>want to stay alive to be able to hurt and kill more people.

They say that a period of cold, wet and windy weather is going to sweep
across Britain from the East.  Tomorrow night is set to be the coldest.
-- 
Gordon

---

From: bforester <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 17:09:29 -0300

>I think about that one every time I kill an insect.  :-)

You wouldn't have to think about it they had left the Bible alone,
Gordon. By making a non sexist "CREATURES" out of the original
"BROTHERS"  they freak out folks who step on an ant. And before you
know it we'll all be Vegans.   :-)

Paul

---

From: bforester <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 17:13:49 -0300

>across Britain from the East.  Tomorrow night is set to be the coldest.

Thank God for that. That should take care of all the hot air that's
been blowing.

Paul

---

From: Gordon <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 21:31:18 +0100

bforester <[email-masked]> wrote
>know it we'll all be Vegans.   :-)
Did they really do that?     How can you be a Vegan when you're on an
Atkins diet though?     
-- 
Gordon

---

From: bforester <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 19:11:09 -0300

>Did they really do that?     How can you be a Vegan when you're on an

It would be tough!!

Paul

---

From: [email-masked] (jingles)
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 23:31:12 GMT

>I think about that one every time I kill an insect.  :-)

Good...at least you think about it.....and remember <grin>

jingles

---

From: [email-masked] (jingles)
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 23:32:28 GMT

>know it we'll all be Vegans.   :-)

Thanks Paul.....hope you are well....

jingles

---

From: [email-masked] (jingles)
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 23:35:04 GMT

>across Britain from the East.  Tomorrow night is set to be the coldest.

But it is warming up in Oz......Summer is acomming in....

jingles....watching the flowers grow...

---

From: [email-masked] (jingles)
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 23:35:53 GMT

>Thank God for that. That should take care of all the hot air that's

May I just post one modest 'giggle' Paul,

jingles

---

From: Jan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 21:03:47 -0400

>Thank God for that. That should take care of all the hot air that's

How's the clean-up going Paul?  I spoke to Pete just before the
week-end and he told me the weather was wet and windy.  I believe he
has done some dives and was getting ready for this week which was to
be the start of the busy period.

Jan

---

From: Jan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 21:03:47 -0400

>True.  Nowadays Christians leaders rape little boys or kill them

Probably not all of them. 
>
>Do you know about the Crusades?  

Any particular one of the seven? Starting in 1095 and lasting for
about 250 years.

>The Inquistion?  

Which one?  There were three operating in Spain, France and Italy. I
believe one of them lasted until the 19th century.  Starting in 1231

>The Salem Witch Trials?

A truly home-grown one for the US. 1692 wasn't it?
>Or are you Jewish?

Or would you rather be a  fish?

As these are all somewhat ancient history is it alright if I start a
thread about the invasions of Britain by the Romans, Norse first then
Norse again?  Totally unprovoked attacks which should be condemned.

Jan

---

From: bforester <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 22:07:49 -0300

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 23:32:28 GMT, [email-masked] (jingles)

>Thanks Paul.....hope you are well....

Why do you have doubts about my well-being, jingles? Just because I
left out an "if" ?? :-) Seriously though, yes, I am fine except that
somehow I don't feel retired with all the stuff that's going on in my
life lately!!!!

Paul

---

From: [email-masked] (jingles)
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 01:29:34 GMT

>somehow I don't feel retired with all the stuff that's going on in my

You post so seldom,  that I am naturally concerned about your well
being....<grin>  
I guess you retired just in time to take over all the other stuff in
your life......

jingles

---

From: [email-masked] (jingles)
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 01:35:33 GMT

>"If you can't take a joke you shouldn't have joined"

Boudicea......now there was a real woman....<grin>

jingles

---

From: Jan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 23:21:47 -0400

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 01:35:33 GMT, [email-masked] (jingles)

>Boudicea......now there was a real woman....<grin>

And you thought that women's lib was a new-fangled idea. Hah! <bg>

Jan

---

From: [email-masked] (jingles)
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 04:01:39 GMT

>"If you can't take a joke you shouldn't have joined"

Why do you think the men chained them to the kitchen sink....<g>

I recall reading somewhere that Egypt was once a matriarchy.....the
men stayed home and the women did the hunting....

jingles

---

From: [email-masked] (Rod)
Date: 20 Oct 2003 21:38:30 -0700

[email-masked] (Dori) wrote in message news:<[email-masked]>...
> Be my guest - puke away.  Lol.

I am a Christian. Jesus said I have come to fulfil the testament not
to destroy it. He must blush and hide at what we do in His name.. The
ten commandants say thou shalt not kill. I am puking   at what is
being done in the name of the Lord. Rod

I am a Christian. Jesus said I have come to fulfil the testament not
to destroy it. He must blush and hide at what we do in His name.. The
ten commandants say thou shalt not kill. When we kill not because we
are threatened but because somebody might do something we turn away
from the teachings of the Christians with pre-emptive war.People who
do that are foul criminals  No amount of fancy words or stupid logic
will stop me from puking. I am puking   at what is being done in the
name of the Lord. Rod

---

From: Eugene A. Calame <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 00:35:30 -0500

>will stop me from puking. I am puking   at what is being done in the

Well puke away.  The day is young.

---

From: Gordon <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 13:00:49 +0100

>Boudicea......now there was a real woman....<grin>
Nice set of wheels, too.......
-- 
Gordon

---

From: [email-masked] (Rod)
Date: 21 Oct 2003 06:08:36 -0700

"Bob  Thomas" <[email-masked]> wrote in message news:<[email-masked]>...
> WRONG!!!  He never promised that.

Rumsfeld not Bush but then it is Bush's man said on April 13, 2003
Meet the Press: "The task is to create an environment that is
sufficiently permissive that the Iraqi people can fashion a new
government. And what they will do is come together in one way or
another and select an interim authority of some kind. Then that group
will propose a constitution and a more permanent authority of some
kind. And over some period of months, the Iraqis will have their
government selected by Iraqi people." On the same program, Ahmed
Chalabi, the Pentagon's favored exile, stated: "After (Gen. Jay
Garner) finishes his job of restoring basic services, the interim
Iraqi authority will be established. And that interim authority will
be an authority of Iraqis, chosen by Iraqis. And it will be able to
function as an authority in the country immediately after Gen.
Garner's job is finished, which should be only a few weeks."

Rod

---

From: "Bob Thomas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 15:34:37 GMT

"Gordon" <[email-masked]> wrote in message
news:[email-masked]...
> This is not a rehearsal - this is the only life you are going to get!
I quite agree.  Life is a reality to be experienced, not a mystery to be
solved.

cheers

bob

---

From: [email-masked] (Rod)
Date: 21 Oct 2003 08:37:31 -0700

Eugene A. Calame <[email-masked]> wrote in message news:<[email-masked]>...
> Well puke away.  The day is young.

thank you Eugene  for your permission Your brand of Christiany shines
throu. I guess you like to kill and approve of criminals  Rod

---

From: Eugene A. Calame <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 11:03:27 -0500

>throu. I guess you like to kill and approve of criminals  Rod

See you are still puking.  Enjoy the process.

Enjoy the day.

---

From: Gordon <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 17:35:22 +0100

Rod <[email-masked]> wrote
>throu. I guess you like to kill and approve of criminals  Rod

Well, autumn is really here now in northern England, the temperature was
down to -4°C last night in my garden, and today the sky clouded over and
we had some rain.   But it has brought the Greenfinches, Goldfinches and
Great tits back to my garden feeders. 
-- 
Gordon
(Smiling at Jeanette)

---

From: [email-masked] (Lady Dagon)
Date: 21 Oct 2003 09:38:55 -0700

Jan <[email-masked]> wrote in message news:<[email-masked]>...
> Norse again?  Totally unprovoked attacks which should be condemned.

Ah, time heals all wounds.  I bet that was a lot of comfort to those
innocents centuries ago who were tortured and hanged and burned alive.

Islam is a realitive young religion, especially compared to
Chrsitianity.  Christianity at the same age as Islam is currently was
widely doing the same horrible things that Islam extremists are now
doing.  0nly in Christianity case, it was official church policy.

Christians need to realize this.  They need to remember their religion
was once as guilt of many of the same evil things some Muslims are
doing today who believe in Islam.  This is not for the Christians to
condone it, but rather that they need to remember their hands were
once has equally bloody, if not more so.

 -The Lady

---

From: "Yoj" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 18:22:28 GMT

"Gordon" <[email-masked]> wrote in message
news:[email-masked]...
> >Eugene A. Calame <[email-masked]> wrote in message
news:<5bh9pv023739gk9brg
> >[email-masked]>...
> >>

I like Plan B.  Too bad we can't average out our weather.  It is
supposed to be about 38C here today.

Joy

Joy

---

From: [email-masked] (Olly Mensch)
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 16:31:21 -0400 (EDT)

Bob - you wrote that life is to be experienced, not a mystery to be
solved.  I feel those two are not mutually exclusive.====Olly

---

From: Gordon <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 22:53:20 +0100

Yoj <[email-masked]> wrote
>"Gordon" <[email-masked]> wrote
>>
>I like Plan B.
:-)
>  Too bad we can't average out our weather.  It is
Lemme see now....   38 + 10 = 48.   48/2 = 24°C

Yes - I'd settle for that, pretty please.....
-- 
Gordon

---

From: "Yoj" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 23:52:32 GMT

"Gordon" <[email-masked]> wrote in message
news:[email-masked]...
> >> Well, autumn is really here now in northern England, the
temperature
> >was
> >> down to -4°C last night in my garden, and today the sky clouded
over
> >and
> >> we had some rain.   But it has brought the Greenfinches,
Goldfinches
> >and

So would I!  Luckily I finally bit the bullet and had air conditioning
installed a couple of years ago.

Joy

---

From: "Jan Lancaster" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 00:33:20 +0000 (UTC)

news:<5bh9pv023739gk9brg
> Great tits back to my garden feeders.

We haven't had any Finches but I notice that your garden
isn't the only place for Great Tits...

>^..^<
*****

---

From: [email-masked] (jingles)
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 00:41:52 GMT

>Great tits back to my garden feeders. 
A coolish 12°C in Ballarat today,  but the sun is brilliant and the
sky as blue as it is possible to be.   It rained all day yesterday so
the flowers are dew drenched and gorgeous.....and the birds are
twittering away on my front veranhad as they toss the seed out of the
feeder all over the concrete.... The resident honey eater is busily
ruffling the branches of the teatree and the blackbird with the broken
tail is getting ready to hassle the sparrows.   God's in his heaven
and all's right with my world....

jingles

---

From: [email-masked] (jingles)
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 00:43:21 GMT

>Nice set of wheels, too.......

Love it!

jingles

---

From: "Jan Lancaster" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 00:57:20 +0000 (UTC)

> and all's right with my world....

Not too bad here either, 2am & 1c. Chilly for June. <g>
Take that which way.....

*****

---

From: Jim Vatunz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 11:04:47 +1000

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 00:41:52 GMT, [email-masked] (jingles)

>and all's right with my world....

golly.
you can see what it's like at my place and it's a pleasant 31° to go
with it. 

For the latest weather where i am click
http://members.iinet.net.au/~farmerjim/

---

From: [email-masked] (jingles)
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 03:32:51 GMT

>isn't the only place for Great Tits...

Modesty causes me to withhold comment <grin>

jingles

---

From: [email-masked] (Rod)
Date: 21 Oct 2003 20:49:33 -0700

Gordon <[email-masked]> wrote in message news:<[email-masked]>...
> >supposed to be about 38C here today.
Mindless remarks are nice but not in the context of real discussion.
O.W. Homes once said  "I find the great thing in this world is not so
much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving: To reach the
port of heaven, we must sail sometimes with the wind and sometimes
against it, but we must sail, and not drift, nor lie at anchor."  You
can get all mindless blather you   want from a telly. Rod

---

From: [email-masked] (jingles)
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 05:02:30 GMT

>can get all mindless blather you   want from a telly. Rod

And a Merry Christmas to you too Rod.....<grin>

One of the mindless blatherers.....

It occurs to me that some of us like to participate in the mindless
blather rather than have it spoon fed to us via the idiot box....
But as I so frequently say.....whatever turns you on....<grin>
There is room for us all on the big wide beautiful web......the nice
part is that we can always move on if we don't like the
location.......

jingles

---

From: "Yoj" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 06:09:47 GMT

"Jan Lancaster" <[email-masked]> wrote in message
news:[email-masked]...
> > >Well, autumn is really here now in northern England, the
temperature was
> > >down to -4°C last night in my garden, and today the sky clouded
over and
> > >we had some rain.   But it has brought the Greenfinches,
Goldfinches and
> Not too bad here either, 2am & 1c. Chilly for June. <g>

It was 107F here today.  I think that's about 41 or 42C.  It isn't
supposed to be that hot here in October!

Joy

---

From: [email-masked] (Rod)
Date: 22 Oct 2003 02:59:46 -0700

> part is that we can always move on if we don't like the

Thank you for the advice. I have not been here long. I have moved on. Rod

---

From: Gordon <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 14:14:03 +0100

>Thank you for the advice. I have not been here long. I have moved on. Rod
Well!    Rod didn't perch here long, is he a Pole?
-- 
Gordon

---

From: "Bob Thomas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 15:24:35 GMT

"Rod" <[email-masked]> wrote in message
news:[email-masked]...
> "Bob  Thomas" <[email-masked]> wrote in message
news:<[email-masked]>...
> Garner's job is finished, which should be only a few weeks."
Not sure to what he refers to as Garner's job.  It does seem to indicate a
speedy resolution.

Oh well, I've been wrong before.

grin

bob

---

From: Anne Jackson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 17:08:55 +0100

The message <[email-masked]>

> > > > temperature was down to -4°C last night in my garden, and 
> > > > today the sky clouded over and we had some rain.   But it 
> > > > has brought the Greenfinches, Goldfinches and Great tits 
> > > > back to my garden feeders.

> > > A coolish 12°C in Ballarat today,  but the sun is brilliant 
> > > and the sky as blue as it is possible to be.   It rained all 
> > > day yesterday so the flowers are dew drenched and gorgeous...
> > > ..and the birds are twittering away on my front veranhad as 
> > > they toss the seed out of the feeder all over the concrete.
> > >  The resident honey eater is busily ruffling the branches of 
> > > the teatree and the blackbird with the broken tail is getting 
> > > ready to hassle the sparrows.   God's in his heaven and all's 
> > > right with my world....

> supposed to be that hot here in October!

We had snow on the hills around Perth last night!

-- 
AnneJ
  ICQ #:- 119531282

---

From: "Yoj" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 17:46:31 GMT

"Anne Jackson" <[email-masked]> wrote in message
news:[email-masked]...
> The message
<[email-masked]>
> We had snow on the hills around Perth last night!

Which Perth?  ;-)

Joy

---

From: Anne Jackson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 19:24:02 +0100

The message <[email-masked]>

> Which Perth?  ;-)

The Original (Scottish) one!  ;-)

-- 
AnneJ 
  ICQ #:- 119531282

---

From: "Yoj" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 18:40:00 GMT

"Anne Jackson" <[email-masked]> wrote in message
news:[email-masked]...
> The message
<[email-masked]>
> The Original (Scottish) one!  ;-)

I suspected as much, but one never knows.

Joy

---

From: [email-masked] (jingles)
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 22:34:28 GMT

>Thank you for the advice. I have not been here long. I have moved on. Rod

Oh dear.....it seems that I have inadvertently offended someone....

What did I say which prompted Rod to hug it to his bosom like the
legendary asp....?

jingles

---

From: [email-masked] (jingles)
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 22:35:39 GMT

>Well!    Rod didn't perch here long, is he a Pole?

'I think he wanted the whole nine yards....

jingles

---

From: [email-masked] (jingles)
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 22:36:33 GMT

>We had snow on the hills around Perth last night!

For a horrible moment I thought you were speaking of Perth OZ....

jingles - a senior moment

---

From: [email-masked] (Olly Mensch)
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 20:14:33 -0400 (EDT)

Gordon - pray tell me,what is a "great tits"??  It sure takes on a
different meaning while crossing the ocean!!!
Olly

---

From: [email-masked] (Olly Mensch)
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 20:19:38 -0400 (EDT)

Rod - where did you go??===Olly

---

From: Eugene A. Calame <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 21:39:49 -0500

>different meaning while crossing the ocean!!!

See. http://www.rspb.org.uk/birds/guide/g/greattit/

---

From: Gordon <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 11:57:59 +0100

>What did I say which prompted Rod to hug it to his bosom like the
He may have misunderstood this from you:

********
"And a Merry Christmas to you too Rod.....<grin>

One of the mindless blatherers....."
********

Might have thought you meant *him*, whereas we all know you're the M.B.
in your remark!

Sensitive fellow!
-- 
Gordon

---

From: Gordon <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 11:58:39 +0100

Olly Mensch <[email-masked]> wrote
>Rod - where did you go??===Olly
You want him?

I'll go fetch him for you.
-- 
Gordon

---

From: Gordon <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 12:03:50 +0100

>different meaning while crossing the ocean!!!
You tell me what it means over there and I'll tell you what it means
over here!

It is small, plump bird, with a black 'cap' and a yellow breast which
has a black stripe down it.   They come after the peanuts I hang in
feeders in my garden in winter, when natural food is scarce.  

You might find one here:

http://www.birdsofbritain.co.uk/bird-guide/index.htm
-- 
Gordon

---

From: "Bob Thomas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 15:18:48 GMT

"Lady Dagon" <[email-masked]> wrote in message
news:[email-masked]...
> Jan <[email-masked]> wrote in message
news:<[email-masked]>...
> > >Fay <[email-masked]> wrote in message
news:<[email-masked]>...
> once has equally bloody, if not more so.
This is true.  We had our reformation.  Islam has not...yet.  However, this
doesn't make being their target more palatable.

cheers

bob

---

From: "Bob Thomas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 15:18:48 GMT

"Olly Mensch" <[email-masked]> wrote in message
news:[email-masked]...
> solved.  I feel those two are not mutually exclusive.====Olly
Perhaps not.  Yet......there are those who're so busy seeking the "mystery"
that they don't live their lives.

cheers

bob

---

From: Gordon <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 19:01:03 +0100

>What did I say which prompted Rod to hug it to his bosom like the

Don't lose any sleep over it, Jingles.    After trying to explain to him
how he might have misunderstood you, I received an insulting email from
him.    He entered the froup spouting Christian rhetoric and leaves it
ignominiously! 
-- 
Gordon

---

From: [email-masked] (jingles)
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 00:42:06 GMT

>Might have thought you meant *him*, whereas we all know you're the M.B.

If he had been reading the posts he would have realised that for
himself...<grin>
PS  I never insult people.....I go out and smash plates  <grin>

jingles

---

From: [email-masked] (jingles)
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 00:43:47 GMT

>him.    He entered the froup spouting Christian rhetoric and leaves it

I do so hate to be misunderstood....it reflects upon my ability to
communicate.....now you never misunderstand me...<grin>

jingles

---

From: [email-masked] (Teddy)
Date: 23 Oct 2003 22:25:48 -0700

[email-masked] (jingles) wrote in message news:<[email-masked]>...
> >him.    He entered the froup spouting Christian rhetoric and leaves it
I have lurked on this group for about 10 weeks.  You were very rude to
Rod you belittled him. He writes about one thing You deliberately talk
about the weather. It didn't look like Christian rhetoric to me he
replied to someone else. He didn't leave ignominiously! He left making
you look like an  ill mannered oaf.

Teddy

---

From: "~~seadancer~~" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 03:46:32 -0400

"Gordon" <[email-masked]> wrote [...]

Or here:
> http://birds.cornell.edu/BOW/TUTI/
Or here:
> http://birds.cornell.edu/birdhouse/bird_bios/speciesaccounts/tuftit.html
I tried to listen to the sound of the bird here,
but my computer wouldn't let me. I got a
message saying the "RealOne Player could
not locate the specified clip."
Is anyone out there able to access the sound clip
at the second URL above? The link says:
"Listen to the Tufted Titmouse."
---Sea

---

From: Gordon <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 09:23:25 +0100

>PS  I never insult people.....I go out and smash plates  <grin>
I smashed on last night - by accident, one of my MIL's old ones.   Still
got two others, but I hope that was the cracked one!
-- 
Gordon

---

From: Gordon <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 09:37:49 +0100

Teddy <[email-masked]> wrote
>replied to someone else. 

I Quote him:
*********************************************************************

********************************************************************

He is, apparently, thrice 'puking'.   8-)

I rest my case.......

>He didn't leave ignominiously! He left making
No - he proved himself to be one, I reluctantly quote his email to me,
which, quite apart from the lack of punctuation, and coupled with the
extraordinary burst of rhetoric above, shows him to be a strange fellow
in my humble opinion!

He wrote:
**********************************
I am ashamed to know you are English You are rude your plan B shows me
you are a true dickhead Rod
**********************************

Now a word of advice.
It is always a mistake to open your contribution to a newsgroup, as both
you and 'Rod' did, by starting an argument and insulting people.

Both of you have insulted me, but I have carefully kept my opinion of
you to myself.

Please learn from my example!
-- 
Gordon

---

From: [email-masked] (jingles)
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 08:45:32 GMT

>you look like an  ill mannered oaf.

Teddy,
I am sorry I have to correct you,  but Rod announced his withdrawal
from the group in response to my post ..... in which I saw nothing
offensive.

jingles

---

From: Eugene A. Calame <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 09:41:26 -0500

>you look like an  ill mannered oaf.

Don't know for sure of course, but I suspect that Rod and Teddy is the same
troll.

That is OK.  They/he/she are/is welcome as far as I am concerned.

---

From: Gordon <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 17:30:52 +0100

>Don't know for sure of course, but I suspect that Rod and Teddy is the same
Yes - that very thought occurred to me, the lack of punctuation and
similar addresses.

Thanks Eugene.....

**************************************
'Teddy':

NNTP-Posting-Host: 193.250.255.173
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
X-Trace: posting.google.com 1066973149 17037 127.0.0.1 (24 Oct 2003
05:25:49 GMT)
X-Complaints-To: [email-masked]
NNTP-Posting-Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 05:25:49 +0000 (UTC)
****************************************
and 'Rod':

 NNTP-Posting-Host: 193.250.255.254
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
X-Trace: posting.google.com 1066711111 13556 127.0.0.1 (21 Oct 2003
04:38:31 GMT)
X-Complaints-To: [email-masked]
NNTP-Posting-Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 04:38:31 +0000 (UTC)
***************************************

-- 
Gordon

---

From: "Jan Lancaster" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 19:09:24 +0000 (UTC)

> from the group in response to my post ..... in which I saw nothing

You have absolutely nothing to apologise for jingles.
Although I haven't felt like posting for the last couple of weeks or so, I
still have been having a nosey and you have
been the lady in all your replies.

( apart from the sugestive ones to Mike & Gordon
 of course.  ;-) I don't know what they did for the fellows
but they cheered me up.)

*****

---

From: Mike Clayton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 20:24:23 +0100

In message <[email-masked]>, Jan Lancaster 
<[email-masked]> writes
> of course.  ;-) I don't know what they did for the fellows

Suggestive ones?

Mike?

What have I been missing?

Or was it another that shares my name?

:-)

-- 
Mike Clayton
Reputation is what other people know about you. Honour is what you know about
yourself. Lois McMaster Bujold, "A Civil Campaign", 1999
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mike_clayton

---

From: [email-masked] (jingles)
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 19:25:00 GMT

> of course.  ;-) I don't know what they did for the fellows

Thank you for your reassurances  my friend.  As we get older we
sometimes wonder if we are losing our ability to communicate clearly
with our fellow man.  Our hearing diminishes as does our
eyesight....it is only natural that our powers of communication should
also suffer..  Old age is, I fear, something to be endured rather than
enjoyed.... <grin>
(I am glad I cheered you up though....<grin>)

jingles

---

From: [email-masked] (jingles)
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 19:26:43 GMT

>That is OK.  They/he/she are/is welcome as far as I am concerned.

Possible I suppose....what a pity they don't put their talent to
'joining' rather than disrupting....

jingles

---

From: "Yoj" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 19:55:47 GMT

"jingles" <[email-masked]> wrote in message
news:[email-masked]...
> >[email-masked] (jingles) wrote in message
news:<[email-masked]>...
> from the group in response to my post ..... in which I saw nothing

Neither did I, in what either you or Gordon said.  This reminds me very
much of what happened recently in another newsgroup.  Some strangers
popped in and bandied words about, then one of them supposedly took
offense and an innocent, if silly, joke.  When people tried to
remonstrate, he became offensive and his friends jumped in to attack.
He concluded by threatening to destroy the group, and even bragged about
his plan to do so on another group.  We haven't heard from him or his
friends since.  When trolls are ignored for long enough, they decide it
isn't any fun and go looking for someone else to torment.

Joy

---

From: Gordon <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 00:05:31 +0100

Mike Clayton <[email-masked]> wrote
>Or was it another that shares my name?

I have no idea what she means!
-- 
Gordon
(Nibbling a suggestive biscuit)

---

From: [email-masked] (jingles)
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 23:43:03 GMT

>isn't any fun and go looking for someone else to torment.

Unfortunately, I didn't recognise him for a troll....guess we have
been spoiled in this newsgroup.....<grin>

jingles

---

From: "Jan Lancaster" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 00:36:57 +0000 (UTC)

> 'joining' rather than disrupting....

Maybe they wandered in from the closed down teenage
chat rooms. Their remarks resembled that age group anyway.

*****

---

From: "Yoj" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 02:47:12 GMT

"jingles" <[email-masked]> wrote in message
news:[email-masked]...
> >> >> >Don't lose any sleep over it, Jingles.    After trying to
explain
> >to him
> >> >> >how he might have misunderstood you, I received an insulting
email
> >from
> >> >I have lurked on this group for about 10 weeks.  You were very
rude
> >to

Sometimes it takes a while to recognize them.

Joy

---

From: [email-masked] (Teddy)
Date: 25 Oct 2003 03:05:11 -0700

I am not a troll and I am nort Rod.  I do have a  Hotmail adress so
does Rod so do a 150 million others.  You are all defending bad
maners. It is rude and insulting to answer someone by talking about
something different.  It  like the weapons of mass destruction debate.

I suggest that Gordon stop insulting others and  then turn around when
he&#8217;s are called on it and pretending he&#8217;s  the offended
party. We have better manners in our Philadelphia schoolyards. He
shouts about Rod&#8217;s Christian beliefs but is okay for him to tell
the Anglican church what to do. He thinks he is free to make sexual
innuendoes I suggest that you learn from me if you are going to insult
others don&#8217;t expect to be immune.

English Fair Play is a fine expression. It justifies the bashing of
the puny draper's assistant by the big hairy blacksmith, and this to
the perfect satisfaction of both parties, if they are worthy of the
name of Englishman.
Joseph Furphy. 

Gordon should rest his pompous case somewhere else. His plan B sucks
is rude plain rude. How would you like it if your posts were answered
with my dinner menu or the Philadelphia weather?

BTW Concorde's Last Flight was Friday October 24 2003.  Manchester,
Belfast, Birmingham, Cardiff and Edinburgh are only part of the tour
of Britain. He should at least get the facts straight if he
can&#8217;t get his manners right

www.britishairways.com/concorde/tourofbritain.html

Teddy

---

From: Gordon <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 14:30:03 +0100

>I am not a troll 

LOL!

<Snip> The rest of that astonishing diatribe.
and *PLONK*
-- 
Gordon

---

From: "Bob Thomas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 16:55:01 GMT

> from the group in response to my post ..... in which I saw nothing
There was nothing offensive in your post.  As Gordon said, don't let it
bother you.

We loves ya,

bob

---

From: [email-masked] (Olly Mensch)
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 16:38:34 -0400 (EDT)

Jingles - - you forgot that, when we get old, we may wear purple!!  What
could be more inspirational than that!!
Talk about inspirational!!.  My son came to  visit; told me he can
hardly ever reach me, since I am always on the web.  My web is connected
so that, when in use, the telephone will not work.  Well, since all my
friends are gone, that suits me fine; does not bother me.
He (my son) said, let me take a look at those groups where you
participate , to see whether they are as interesting as you told me!!!
(Checking up on dear old Mom??!!) I said:"fine."  Turned ,to begin with,
before turning to the other groups I occasionally join,  to
alt.sixtplus, and - lo and behold - the topic was :"I want to puke."
Hundreds of titles, all stating:"I want to puke."  He looked at me in
utter disbelief - and said, turn the darn thing off - how could you!!!
Let's talk."
Well, we did talk,and I "explained" to him what some of the attractions
might be in belonging to a newsgroup (s), despite the charming title of
"I want to puke.!"
Olly

---

From: [email-masked] (jingles)
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 21:49:16 GMT

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 16:38:34 -0400 (EDT), [email-masked] (Olly

>might be in belonging to a newsgroup (s), despite the charming title of
Wouldn't dare let my son look at the posts on sixtyplus.....he would
think I was depraved.....(which I would like to be, but lack
opportunities).   He thinks his mum is a dear old lady who sits with
her 'tatting' and occasionally reads a not too 'naughty' book....
Why must they assume that our interests and thoughts age,  just
because our bodies do?
The only compensation is the thought that he  too will grow old  and
cop the same 'flak' <grin>.

jingles

---

From: [email-masked] (jingles)
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 21:51:06 GMT

>There was nothing offensive in your post.  As Gordon said, don't let it

Thank you.....I love you too....

jingles

---

From: "Joan F \(MI\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 19:36:27 -0400

Did you tell him that the stated Subject rarely matches the actual subject
after a few replies?

Olly Mensch wrote:
| Jingles - - you forgot that, when we get old, we may wear purple!!
| What could be more inspirational than that!!
| Talk about inspirational!!.  My son came to  visit; told me he can
| hardly ever reach me, since I am always on the web.  My web is
| connected so that, when in use, the telephone will not work.  Well,
| since all my friends are gone, that suits me fine; does not bother me.
| He (my son) said, let me take a look at those groups where you
| participate , to see whether they are as interesting as you told me!!!
| (Checking up on dear old Mom??!!) I said:"fine."  Turned ,to begin
| with, before turning to the other groups I occasionally join,  to
| alt.sixtplus, and - lo and behold - the topic was :"I want to puke."
| Hundreds of titles, all stating:"I want to puke."  He looked at me in
| utter disbelief - and said, turn the darn thing off - how could you!!!
| Let's talk."
| Well, we did talk,and I "explained" to him what some of the
| attractions might be in belonging to a newsgroup (s), despite the
| charming title of "I want to puke.!"
| Olly

---

From: [email-masked] (Teddy)
Date: 25 Oct 2003 23:34:17 -0700

Gordon <[email-masked]> wrote in message news:<[email-masked]>...
> <Snip> The rest of that astonishing diatribe.

Another bleet by the ill mannered.  

Teddy