Subject: Re: The California Recall and how I would vote

From: "Joan F \(MI\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 17:15:53 -0400

Can't think of any but Granholm has been a very fast rising political star.
She seems to be doing pretty well at not making people too unhappy in a
terrible situation, bad budget crunch, Republican legislature.  She's very
personable, bright and exudes confidence, a bit softer Hillary perhaps, and
without the Clinton baggage.

"Marian" <[email-masked]> wrote in message
news:[email-masked]...
Cool. I've learned that Barney Frank is co-sponsoring legislation to begin
to
make this change, Joan, and there seems no real reason not to. It'll take a
while, but maybe Granholm will be a player... Romney [pere]. Who else from
Michigan has been a presidential candidate in the past?               Marian

---

From: [email-masked] (Marian)
Date: 14 Oct 2003 21:58:26 GMT

Granholm sounds excellent. First term? Would make an excellent veep choice in
'08, for sure~if she can get re-elected for a second... There is SO much
hostility about in the land toward Hillary that I just wish she'd be happy with
a Senate career into her dotage. Hate the thought of how ugly it could get...  
  Marian

>From: "Joan F \(MI\)" [email-masked] 

>Michigan has been a presidential candidate in the past?               Marian

************************************************
War is Hell, but business is Great... 
http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid1209821&pathID=1753
**********************************************

---

From: "Joan F \(MI\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 18:40:24 -0400

Yes, people either love Hillary or hate her, seems no middle ground.  She
really is very popular with a lot of people, her book sold very well and
when you match her up against Bush in the polls she comes out ahead.

Jennifer Granholm was just elected last November, she was Attorney General
before that.  Replaced a Republican who decimated state services such as
mental health care. Pretty hard to rebuild those things now with the revenue
picture so bad.

"Marian" <[email-masked]> wrote in message
news:[email-masked]...
Granholm sounds excellent. First term? Would make an excellent veep choice
in
'08, for sure~if she can get re-elected for a second... There is SO much
hostility about in the land toward Hillary that I just wish she'd be happy
with
a Senate career into her dotage. Hate the thought of how ugly it could
get...
  Marian

---

From: [email-masked] (Marian)
Date: 14 Oct 2003 22:50:35 GMT

I don't envy *any* Governor her job in these times. Every other Executive sent
money back to the states when times were bad, but not this one. I don't know
what will happen. Hope Granholm survives it.

Marian

>From: "Joan F \(MI\)" >Yes, people either love Hillary or hate her, seems no
middle ground.  She