Subject: Re: Syria

From: [email-masked] (Jeanette S.)
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 11:27:24 -0500 (CDT)

bob wrote:  "No, we went to war to enforce 17 consequitive UN Security
Council Resolutions, all of which Saddam defied. We went to war because
of continual violations of the Gulf War truce. We went to war to
liberate the Iraqi people. We went to war because we saw the possibility
of Saddam providing bio-chemical materiel to terrorists. We went to war
because Saddam supported, funded and harbored terrorists."
****************************************
Hmmm, I'm wondering why the UN didn't sanction the war, if that is the
excuse for going to war.  Jeanette

---

From: "Bob Thomas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 16:23:49 GMT

"Jeanette S." <[email-masked]> wrote in message
news:[email-masked]...
> excuse for going to war.

Good question.  BTW, I said it was A reason, not THE reason.

cheers

bob