Subject: Re: Women in Power

From: "Yoj" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 18:34:16 GMT

"Jeanette S." <[email-masked]> wrote in message
news:[email-masked]...
> Joy (I think) wrote:  "I wear lipstick all the time, but I don't own
any
> other makeup."
> ***************************************
> I have other makeup but ver very rarely wear it. I have always had
> extremely dry skin, but the older I get, the drier it gets.  Makup
looks
> splotchy after it's been on for a few hours.  I wear lipstick when the
> mood strikes me!  I do use moisturizers religiously.  Jeanette

I did try wearing foundation for a while, but I found that the area over
my upper lip always looked as though I hadn't put any makeup on that
spot.  It looked weird, so I decided to save the cost and trouble of
using the foundation.

Joy

---

From: "Barbara Christian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 08:16:21 +1000

> Joy (I think) wrote:  "I wear lipstick all the time, but I don't own any
> other makeup."
> extremely dry skin, but the older I get, the drier it gets.  Makup looks
==========
I have the same problem with extremely dry skin in winter. It's
a lot better in summer with the humidity. I use moisturising
cleansers and moisturisers religiously as well.
Bobbie

---

From: "Barbara Christian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 08:16:57 +1000

> Although I have fair skin I never seem to need moisturisers!  I wash my
face
> with soap and water - well a liquid soap called Dove which is kind to
skin.
> -- 
> val
==========
You are very fortunate, Val.
Bobbie

---

From: "Barbara Christian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 08:18:57 +1000

"Joy (I think) wrote:  "I wear lipstick all the time, but I don't own
> spot.  It looked weird, so I decided to save the cost and trouble of
=========
I must check that out next time I put some foundation on. I use such
a teeny amount when I do use it that I'm not even sure it shows. I've
had the same small jar of foundation for 4 years so I obviously
don't wear much...or very often.

Bobbie

---

From: Aries <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 23:49:31 +0100

> You are very fortunate, Val.

In more ways than one Bobbie :)
-- 
val at copelands.co.uk  14-Oct-2003 23:49:20
http://copelands.co.uk/val

---

From: Aries <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 23:51:30 +0100

> Bobbie

Using foundation should help protect your skin from the elements.  We live
by the sea and it can get rather windy at times so I wear foundation which
helps to prevent little thread veins which can appear on fine skin like
mine.  I also stay outt of the fierce sun as much as possible
-- 
val at copelands.co.uk  14-Oct-2003 23:49:51
http://copelands.co.uk/val

---

From: "Barbara Christian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 11:40:18 +1000

> mine.  I also stay outt of the fierce sun as much as possible
============
I usually use a moisturiser made for Aussie conditions....wind, sun,
etc. Your fine English skin probably would not cope well in
Aussie weather conditions.
Bobbie

---

From: "Barbara Christian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 11:40:59 +1000

"
> In more ways than one Bobbie :)
=========
Yes, we need to count our blessings.
Bobbie

---

From: Aries <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 10:22:33 +0100

>> mine.  I also stay outt of the fierce sun as much as possible

Probably not, but I'd find a way to deal with it if I ever visited your neck
of the woods :)
-- 
val at copelands.co.uk  15-Oct-2003 10:22:01
http://copelands.co.uk/val

---

From: "Barbara Christian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 22:27:46 +1000

> Probably not, but I'd find a way to deal with it if I ever visited your
neck
============
Lots and lots of lotion, reapplied regularly.

Bobbie

---

From: [email-masked] (Jeanette S.)
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 10:29:38 -0500 (CDT)

Joy wrote to me in response to my reply re makeup: "I have other makeup
but ver very rarely wear it. I have always had extremely dry skin, but
the older I get, the drier it gets. Makup looks splotchy after it's been
on for a few hours. I wear lipstick when the mood strikes me! I do use
moisturizers religiously. Jeanette 
I did try wearing foundation for a while, but I found that the area over
my upper lip always looked as though I hadn't put any makeup on that
spot. It looked weird, so I decided to save the cost and trouble of
using the foundation. "
***********************************
I said previously my skin looked splotchy - weird is a better word!  The
only way I can describe it is to say it looked "fluffy".
Jeanette

---

From: [email-masked] (Jeanette S.)
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 10:43:10 -0500 (CDT)

Bobbie wrote:  "I must check that out next time I put some foundation
on. I use such a teeny amount when I do use it that I'm not even sure it
shows. I've had the same small jar of foundation for 4 years so I
obviously don't wear much...or very often."
***************************************
When I use make-up, I use the water-based kind.  I've read/heard that
one should throw out any old cosmetics after a year, because of germs.
Certainly this is true for eye makup, but when I go to use foundation, I
usually have to buy a new bottle because the other is all funky!
Jeanette

---

From: "Barbara Christian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 01:54:47 +1000

> spot. It looked weird, so I decided to save the cost and trouble of
===========
I just went and looked in the mirror, then got out the magnifying mirror.
I don't think I look splotchy or fluffy yet....aside from my hands,
which tend to look a bit like spotted wrinkled gloves.<g>
Bobbie

---

From: "Barbara Christian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 02:08:54 +1000

> obviously don't wear much...or very often."
=========
Oh dear......mine is well and truly past it's use by date.
Bobbie

---

From: Gordon <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 19:11:08 +0100

Jeanette S. <[email-masked]> wrote

>only way I can describe it is to say it looked "fluffy".
You have culture, then?
-- 
Gordon

---

From: [email-masked] (Jeanette S.)
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 10:37:46 -0500 (CDT)

Jeanette S. said:  "I said previously my skin looked splotchy - weird is
a better word! The only way I can describe it is to say it looked
"fluffy". 
to which Gordonreplied:
"You have culture, then?"
**************************************
Fluffy is cultured?  Maybe very very very dry skin, where you look as
though you've gotten a bad sunburn and the skin has lost its redness and
is reduced to peeling off!  Jeanette

---

From: Gordon <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 22:05:55 +0100

Jeanette S. <[email-masked]> wrote
>"You have culture, then?"
I meant like furry culture!  If you leave a little bread around it
eventually gets furry/fluffy.    :-)  
-- 
Gordon