Subject: Clotted Cream

From: [email-masked] (jingles)
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 01:57:37 GMT

Both Cornwall and Devon are famed for this delicacy. Traditionally
this is made by pouring milk into shallow pans and leaving,
undisturbed, for 24 hours allowing the cream to rise. Double cream can
be used instead.

Serves 4-6

Unhomogenised whole milk or double cream - 600 ml (1 pint)

METHOD

Pour milk or cream into a shallow pan. If using milk leave undisturbed
for 24 hours.

Heat the pan, gently, to about 82 °C (180 °F) and hold at this
temperature for approximately 1 hour.

When the surface cream has developed a thick, rich, yellow wrinkled
crust, Turn off the heat and allow the pans to cool slowly.

Once cold, skim the cream off and serve with scones, fruit or fruit
pies. 
  
courtesy of google search

jingles

---

From: Shirley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 10:58:01 -0500

> courtesy of google search

I just ordered some Devon Double Clotted Cream, Lady Grey Tea and Norfolk
Manor Walnut Biscuits to serve at a Tea Party for my Granddaughter and
some of her friends....we will have cucumber and watercress  sandwiches,
scones, tea cakes, strawberries with our tea....they are very excited
about it....

---

From: [email-masked] (jingles)
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 22:31:58 GMT

>scones, tea cakes, strawberries with our tea....they are very excited

That sounds wonderful....have you room at the table for just one more?

jingles

---

From: "Bigbazza" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 11:27:14 +1100

"jingles" <[email-masked]> wrote in message
news:[email-masked]...
> courtesy of google search

Thanks for the Clotted Cream recipe..Jingles...Have you tried it yourself
yet ?..Love all the unhealthy things  <g>...

Bigbazza(Barry)..Oz

---

From: Shirley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 23:20:31 -0500

> That sounds wonderful....have you room at the table for just one more?

I sure do....come on over....>g<

---

From: [email-masked] (jingles)
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 04:53:49 GMT

>I sure do....come on over....>g<

I'm on my way <grin>

---

From: [email-masked] (jingles)
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 04:55:04 GMT

>yet ?..Love all the unhealthy things  <g>...

No I haven't Bazza... my resistance is low enough as it is <grin>

jingles