Cheatsheets for experienced React developers getting started with TypeScript
[**Web docs**](https://react-typescript-cheatsheet.netlify.app/docs/basic/setup) |
:wave: This repo is maintained by [@swyx](https://twitter.com/swyx), [@ferdaber](https://twitter.com/ferdaber), [@eps1lon](https://twitter.com/sebsilbermann), [@jsjoeio](https://twitter.com/jsjoeio) and [@arvindcheenu](https://twitter.com/arvincheenu), we're so happy you want to try out TypeScript with React! If you see anything wrong or missing, please [file an issue](https://github.com/typescript-cheatsheets/react-typescript-cheatsheet/issues/new/choose)! :+1:
[![All Contributors](https://img.shields.io/github/contributors/typescript-cheatsheets/react-typescript-cheatsheet?color=orange&style=flat-square)](/CONTRIBUTORS.md) | [![Discord](https://img.shields.io/discord/508357248330760243.svg?label=&logo=discord&logoColor=ffffff&color=7389D8&labelColor=6A7EC2)](https://discord.gg/wTGS5z9) | [![Tweet](https://img.shields.io/twitter/url?label=Help%20spread%20the%20word%21&style=social&url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Ftypescript-cheatsheets%2Freact)](http://twitter.com/home?status=Awesome%20%40Reactjs%20%2B%20%40TypeScript%20cheatsheet%20by%20%40ferdaber%2C%20%40sebsilbermann%2C%20%40swyx%20%26%20others!%20https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Ftypescript-cheatsheets%2Freact)
## All React + TypeScript Cheatsheets
- **The Basic Cheatsheet** ([`/README.md`](/README.md#basic-cheatsheet-table-of-contents)) is focused on helping React devs just start using TS in React **apps**
- Focus on opinionated best practices, copy+pastable examples.
- Explains some basic TS types usage and setup along the way.
- Answers the most Frequently Asked Questions.
- Does not cover generic type logic in detail. Instead we prefer to teach simple troubleshooting techniques for newbies.
- The goal is to get effective with TS without learning _too much_ TS.
- **The Advanced Cheatsheet** ([`/ADVANCED.md`](https://react-typescript-cheatsheet.netlify.app/docs/advanced/intro)) helps show and explain advanced usage of generic types for people writing reusable type utilities/functions/render prop/higher order components and TS+React **libraries**.
- It also has miscellaneous tips and tricks for pro users.
- Advice for contributing to DefinitelyTyped.
- The goal is to take _full advantage_ of TypeScript.
- **The Migrating Cheatsheet** ([`/MIGRATING.md`](https://react-typescript-cheatsheet.netlify.app/docs/migration/intro)) helps collate advice for incrementally migrating large codebases from JS or Flow, **from people who have done it**.
- We do not try to convince people to switch, only to help people who have already decided.
- ⚠️This is a new cheatsheet, all assistance is welcome.
- **The HOC Cheatsheet** ([`/HOC.md`](https://react-typescript-cheatsheet.netlify.app/docs/hoc/intro)) specifically teaches people to write HOCs with examples.
- Familiarity with [Generics](https://www.typescriptlang.org/docs/handbook/generics.html) is necessary.
- ⚠️This is the newest cheatsheet, all assistance is welcome.
### Basic Cheatsheet Table of Contents