Esprima runs on web browsers (IE 6+, Firefox 1+, Safari 3+, Chrome 1+, Konqueror 4.6+, Opera 8+) as well as Node.js.
- Full support for ECMAScript 5.1 (ECMA-262)
- Sensible syntax tree format, compatible with Mozilla Parser AST
- Heavily tested (> 550 unit tests with solid 100% statement coverage)
- Optional tracking of syntax node location (index-based and line-column)
- Experimental support for ES6/Harmony (module, class, destructuring, ...)
- Code coverage analysis: node-cover, Istanbul
- Documentation tool: JFDoc, JSDuck
- Language extension: LLJS (low-level JS), Sweet.js (macro)
- ES6/Harmony transpiler: Six, Harmonizr
- Eclipse Orion smart editing (outline view, content assist)
- Source transformation: node-falafel, Esmangle, escodegen
Feedback is welcomed! Please join the discussion in the mailing list.